• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young only has 1.4 seconds to throw, before pocket collapses (Data was updated, numbers are off in OP)

TheCasillas

Haven't looked. Will. But watching the replay earlier, and just estimating with a count, there were multiple times when it wasn't 1.8 secs. I would say over three on one sack. 

But hmmm. now that I look back on it, DL were probably breathing pretty hard after 1.8 seconds, so maybe?

yeah now that I take that into consideration, it definitely seems possible....  and no doubt there were jailbreaks too where it wasn't even 1.8 secs.

Not related to the link but I feel like the reason there is no deep passing game has a hefty element of planner/playcaller distrust in the OL to block it, mixed in there. Justified or not. This is an 'err on the side of safe', 'color inside the lines' bunch of walking bosses Tepper has hired.

Edited by stratocatter
  • Pie 1

You can present all evidence in the world that the offense around Bryce is a joke and it won’t matter. We had a QB who was surrounded by clowns but was still electric because of his physicality and that’s what this fanbase expects. And we spent his career arguing over whether it was his fault or the team’s whenever he struggled too.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

47 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

You can present all evidence in the world that the offense around Bryce is a joke and it won’t matter. We had a QB who was surrounded by clowns but was still electric because of his physicality and that’s what this fanbase expects. And we spent his career arguing over whether it was his fault or the team’s whenever he struggled too.

It was wild the sh!t people would nitpick Cam for as he balled out while being protected and surrounded by utter crap for the majority of his career

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Early Cam had extremely obvious arm talent. He was a national champion. I don't doubt Bryce’s intelligence or grit but right now the issue is we do not know if Young has or will ever have the physicality to consistently produce as a passer in this league long term.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Bryce has 2.6 seconds of pocket time and the NFL leader is Justin Fields at 2.8 seconds. Doesn’t seem that significant of a gap.  @TheCasillas I used the same site linked in the OP on Reddit.

Average time the QB had in the pocket between the snap and throwing the ball or pressure collapses the pocket, in seconds

IMG_4117.png

Edited by Varking
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, hepcat said:

Early returns in the entire offense are terrible right now. They have to try something different and figure it out or they’ll be sending the Bears a top 5 pick 

I just ran the same report above using the link OP used and it says Bryce had 2.6 seconds. Right near the top of the NFL.