• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terrified Cj stroud will be a stud

Frank9999

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because they don't know football but their egos won't allow them to surrender decision making ability to people who do. Tepper is really good at moving numbers around on spreadsheets to make incredibly wealthy people even more wealthy. I have no idea what Nicole Tepper is good at.

David Tepper.

She has zero history of any work or anything really. Maybe I googled wrong...

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

23 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

I'm a homer too, 55+. I play the analytics when it comes to QBs. No OSU and no heisman QB's. Hope both prove this wrong but its got a strong history. Cam was one exception.

Cam, Lamar, and now Burrow broke the Heisman curse.  Stroud might just break the OSU curse.  

• Pie 3

Stroud was my first choice but I still believe that Bryce will be good.  As a rookie, he needs confidence and fans tearing him down won’t help.  As a #2 pick Stroud is able to play free with zero pressure of being a #1 pick that the team traded multiple picks for. Not to mention a fanbase that has no patience left for growing pains of a rookie QB.  

• Pie 2

I don't get why everyone is worried about taking an OSU QB. I do understand that none have succeeded unless you count part of Burrow, but you can't compare QBs under different coaching staffs from 10/20/40 years ago to a new staff. I would say that for any school at any position. CJ is the first QB that Ryan Day has recruited and developed from the start that has came into the league. 

On 9/27/2023 at 8:31 AM, TShaw7 said:

I don't get why everyone is worried about taking an OSU QB. I do understand that none have succeeded unless you count part of Burrow, but you can't compare QBs under different coaching staffs from 10/20/40 years ago to a new staff. I would say that for any school at any position. CJ is the first QB that Ryan Day has recruited and developed from the start that has came into the league. 

The real stars from the Buckeyes are the playmaking receivers, not the QB and that trend will continue. I would still draft Bryce for any team, especially contenders who has to start a rookie QB to compete for the SB. Hopefully CJ will be successful in the NFL but Bryce will be a star imho.

13 hours ago, 96Bravo said:

Don't be surprised if CJ struggles in this Pittsburgh game. Word is they have more injuries to the o-line (if you can believe it) and they gotta face TJ Watt!!! 

No surprise here, he WILL struggle like that Wolverine game all over again. The greens are flowing into the Steelers game against the Texans and it will be the easiest crushing in week 4. The Panthers has a better chance of beating Minny on Sunday than the Texans winning.