• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just came downstairs to a gigantic pile of metaphor

Ricky Spanish

There are good days and bad days throughout this whole process. Yesterday was a bad day. Appreciate all the love and support, I truly do. 

And as a sidenote: we have these things called 'No Poo Chews' that I give the dog with his breakfast everyday and it works wonders for him eating it, but those two days my wife was feeling good she fed him and didn't realize she needed to add it to the food. It was out of his system long enough for him to want a quick snack before bed. He's now had it the past two days so he should be back to not trying to eat it again.

• Pie 3

31 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

There are good days and bad days throughout this whole process. Yesterday was a bad day. Appreciate all the love and support, I truly do. 

And as a sidenote: we have these things called 'No Poo Chews' that I give the dog with his breakfast everyday and it works wonders for him eating it, but those two days my wife was feeling good she fed him and didn't realize she needed to add it to the food. It was out of his system long enough for him to want a quick snack before bed. He's now had it the past two days so he should be back to not trying to eat it again.

Frozen Pineapple chunks will also curb the coprophagy, as will A1 steak sauce, believe it or not.

Edited by Panthera onca

27 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Holy poo man. I feel your pain. Just recently went through this with my Significant Other as well. Chemo is hell man, we are fortunate we caught her’s very early and she’s been cancer free for almost a year now but man. I hope this second regiment can kick the cancers butt. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Holy poo man. I feel your pain. Just recently went through this with my Significant Other as well. Chemo is hell man, we are fortunate we caught her’s very early and she’s been cancer free for almost a year now but man. I hope this second regiment can kick the cancers butt. 

We're fortunate that while the first chemo meds kicked her ass, it also kicked the tumor's ass as well. The doctors can no longer feel it on physical exam, which is fantastic. Unfortunately she's not going to be done with Chemo until around Christmas. Then it's surgery. Then it's radiation. The whole thing sucks but it seems to be working. 

• Pie 2

13 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

In that time frame I become Father, Mother, caretaker, nurse, housekeeper, and chauffeur overnight. Where we once split the duties of running the house, all responsibilities now fall on me.

Really sorry you and your family have to face this. I’ve been just about exactly where you are, and I know it’s impossible to even describe the hell this existence is in words, no matter how descriptive. Though I didn’t have the food-recycling puppy issues. Our added burden was because it was the start of the pandemic, I had to add 2x home school teacher to my duties.

I think the term caretaker is such an underwhelming word, it falls incredibly short of what it means. It almost sounds benign, when its one of the most brutal and draining positions a person can ever find themselves in.

I know words of encouragement are just words that don’t change a situation, but the positive energy is still sent towards you all. What one of the doctors said that kind of helped me was to celebrate all the wins, no matter how small. Being able to hold on to any little victory or rare moment of positivity helps hold onto sanity through the journey. I found that as long as there was a small kernel of hope that existed, it was something I could try to move towards.

13 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I miss my wife. I miss my best friend

The absolute worst part. I felt every part of this. All you can do is keep taking the steps that are in front of you, and don’t ever be afraid to seek a different doctor’s opinion if anything ever feels off.

Edited by Blu Cat
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Blu Cat said:

Really sorry you and your family have to face this. I’ve been just about exactly where you are, and I know it’s impossible to even describe the hell this existence is in words, no matter how descriptive. Though I didn’t have the food-recycling puppy issues. Our added burden was because it was the start of the pandemic, I had to add 2x home school teacher to my duties.

I think the term caretaker is such an underwhelming word, it falls incredibly short of what it means. It almost sounds benign, when its one of the most brutal and draining positions a person can ever find themselves in.

I know words of encouragement are just words that don’t change a situation, but the positive energy is still sent towards you all. What one of the doctors said that kind of helped me was to celebrate all the wins, no matter how small. Being able to hold on to any little victory or rare moment of positivity helps hold onto sanity through the journey. I found that as long as there was a small kernel of hope that existed, it was something I could try to move towards.

The absolute worst part. I felt every part of this. All you can do is keep taking the steps that are in front of you, and don’t ever be afraid to seek a different doctor’s opinion if anything ever feels off.

Couldn't imagine doing this during the pandemic. I am so drained daily it's absolutely exhausting. I have lost count how many times I have passed out putting the kids to bed these past 3+ months.

I hope everything is going well for you and you're on the other end of it, and if not, will be soon. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Sorry to hear about your wife.  Prayers for her healing and recovery and a day and time where a normal life will be realized as a blessing to enjoy. Thankful that your family has you to lead through this time. 

Not sure there could be a better story to describe how it feels to follow this team.  The only difference is if it was a perfect metaphor your dog would have given you the mouthful of poo grin and like Reich would have said - "I'm so close to going outside". . .