• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young Won the Job at the Pro Day Dinner

Towelboy

Just now, Towelboy said:

hope I’m wrong. I hope the light switches on and he looks like he did in college, but he’s not playing against Vanderbilt DBs or Louisiana-Monroe LBs

100% agree. I don’t want to be right, but I’m no longer blinded by the same stuff the homers are blinded by. I no longer love this team, I just like them. If they win or lose it matters not. I just watch critically and laugh at the blunders. 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

PFF game him a 0 pass blocking grade against the Seahawks. He gave up 14 QB pressures. FOURTEEN. 

In all fairness to the o line, when you have Andy Dalton throw 58 passes and run the ball like eight total times, you are in a tough spot of pretty much having to block pass rushers that know you are passing the ball every play... There really was no excuse for running it as few times as we did

Just now, PleaseCutStewart said:

In all fairness to the o line, when you have Andy Dalton throw 58 passes and run the ball like eight total times, you are in a tough spot of pretty much having to block pass rushers that know you are passing the ball every play... There really was no excuse for running it as few times as we did

No disagreement there but giving up 14 QB pressures is just unreal for an individual OL.

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

So one can’t improve over time?

He’s been one of the biggest surprises across the league this year.

I could care less about his film from last year.

Its not July and I’m not drafting my fantasy draft right now.

But I am looking at film through the first 3 weeks of the 2023 season.  Which many around here clearly haven’t watched

The point is you paid no cot damn attention to him until now. If somebody had of came up to you in the off season and told you collins was gonna be one of the better receivers in the league on a rebuilding team drafting a rookie qb this year you wouldn't have took it serious or basically said who is that? 

Of course you don't care what the film says cuz you dont know poo about him and just trying to underhandedly steer credit away from a rookie who is making him look good. Thats what it is.

2 minutes ago, ickmule said:

For the homers I hope you are correct. I just don’t see it. 

As a college football junkie I saw Bryce play a lot.  I disagree with an earlier post that said that Bryce doesn't have the "it" factor, but I may be wrong, of course.  A lot of great college QB's couldn't cut in the NFL.  I should know.  I'm an Ohio State fan.  

773717423_HEADINHANDS.gif.77d29572a5a17ce2e30fe034f0f39ace.gif

• Pie 3

Just now, Towelboy said:

This team feels like the team everyone schedules for homecoming. We are the leagues “get right” team. Wherever your struggles are, play Carolina and get right. 

We are more like the homecoming game for the division 2 team that loses by 60 to the Georgias of the world the week prior...

So pretty much, we have the equivalent football team of a bottom tier Bible college...