• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young Won the Job at the Pro Day Dinner

Towelboy

15 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

There is no proof anywhere that Tepper has been sticking his nose in specific football decisions.  Directing the team to figure out the QB position, sure, but I don't think for one second he's ever had any impact on which players we target and go after, he leaves that up to the football people.

BY on that dinner.  Does this sound like Tepper wasn't involved?

“It was a lot of getting to know each other,” Young said via the NFL Network of his meetings with the team brass. “I really do appreciate the dedication to everything. With Mr. Tepper, him being so involved, that just shows how much he cares about the team and you can tell that that radiates through the entire coaching staff. They’re extremely invested in everything. I’ve been able to talk to them and they have a very clear plan of what they want for the future and what they’ve been building, and they’ve been doing that for a while now. Just being able to sit with him and everyone else that was a part of the dinner, it was just a great opportunity for me and a great experience. Even personally, I learned a lot from just hearing from their philosophies on and off the field. So it was a great experience for me.”

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, frankw said:

People were changing 1 and 2 on their draft boards a good bit in the lead up. But I concede Bryce did become the defacto on most draft boards. Of course that was due to the S2 and some nefarious things said about Stroud ie his intelligence and vague unsourced claims about his character.

The real tinfoil hat question is....did Stroud's team leak that themselves to avoid being drafted by Carolina?  

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

The real tinfoil hat question is....did Stroud's team leak that themselves to avoid being drafted by Carolina?  

On paper we looked better than the Texans in almost every facet going into this season except Tight End so I doubt that. His two leading WR going into this season had 400 and 500 yard seasons last year. AT alone for us had 700 and TMJ had 400-500. Our line finished higher ranked than theirs, too. All star coaching staff vs defensive minded head coach and so on and so on. I think he thought he was our pick even up until draft night. 

16 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I do think we made the wrong pick (please prove me wrong Bryce, I so badly and sincerely want to be wrong).

I don't think it was Tepper

As I said in another thread, Tepper is 99% the reason for the trade, but once the trade was made, the pick itself was 99% Reich and Fitterer.

There is no proof anywhere that Tepper has been sticking his nose in specific football decisions.  Directing the team to figure out the QB position, sure, but I don't think for one second he's ever had any impact on which players we target and go after, he leaves that up to the football people.

I agree fully with this post. 

I am genuinely curious for those who believe Tepper has run this franchise into the ground. Outside of hiring Matt Rhule (Which obviously set this franchise back), what evidence to we have that Tepper has meddled with football decisions? Truly I would love to get on this bandwagon but all of the evidence we have actually points to the opposite that he's been hands off outside of wanting to get a franchise QB (which i don't think anyone can argue with the sentiment)

In fact, the rumors is that Tepper wanted us to draft Fields not Horn so if anything he hasn't gotten his way. 

Again genuinely asking for evidence he meddles, because if so that's a huge problem. 

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

I’m a fan of good football.  We don’t have that around these parts and haven’t in a long time. 

Wow you're the only person on the board who has ever made that observation. It's such stunning insight. I'm so glad we have you in the community to keep us people who like the Panthers honest and grounded.

I'm sure your fellow Commanders fans are itching for you to join their board and share your insights.  

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, X-Clown said:

You couldn’t bump the thread because it was closed to new replies but creating a new thread and just saying bro read this is pretty much the same thing. I am not a mod, but feel free to take it up with them if you have a problem with it. Or drink yourself into oblivion and turn into a male Karen about another thing you don’t have control over, idgaf.

a mod on the huddle just = someone with an authority hard on that spends too much time on here. they cherry pick what they do and don't like. place is a joke and why most people prefer twitter or reddit.

drinking is the only way to even enjoy this god forsaken team. I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from picking this team as a kid.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

a mod on the huddle just = someone with an authority hard on that spends too much time on here. they cherry pick what they do and don't like. place is a joke and why most people prefer twitter or reddit.

drinking is the only way to even enjoy this god forsaken team. I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from picking this team as a kid.

Tell me you're not familiar with how NFL fan message boards work without telling me you're not familiar with how NFL fan message boards work. Huddle is by far less moderated than any other board I've been a part of. The whole point of moderation is not to turn this place into the cesspool of twitter. If you prefer twitter, then use twitter?