• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young Won the Job at the Pro Day Dinner

Towelboy

It's never been much of a secret when NFL owners are the ones who are forcing football decisions on coaches and the front office.

Jerry Jones just named himself as GM so it was never a secret

Daniel Snyder was very obvious with it as well, often times with past coaches, execs, players talking about how he made the decisions very often.

There hasn't been a single whiff of anything where the Teppers put their finger on the scale for a specific player and made the front office sign/draft them because of it.  And no, trying to have them go after Watson doesn't count as I think Tepper easily could have made the call to give him the fully guaranteed deal to get him and he decided not to.

Edited by tukafan21

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Oh my god, she hugged him, so obvious that the Teppers forced Fitterer/Reich to take him after that, how could I be so blind.  Shocking that the owners of the team wants to meet the potential #1 overall draft pick that you want to build your franchise around.

Said it the other day, the Teppers only involvement in the draft pick (after the trade was made) was approving of who Reich and Fitterer wanted to take, and I don't think they'd have said no to either of Bryce or Stroud if the football guys wanted them.

But this is what we do now. We take a clip of Young without a boot, a pic of Reich smiling at Stroud, Nicole hugging Young and just run away with wild theories instead of listening to what is actually being said.

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Tepper was at that dinner along with Nicole.

No idea what the mix was but they were there and in on that pick to some extent.

Just because they were there, doesn't mean they were active in the decision making process, one doesn't mean the other.

I'd be willing to bet that the owners of the team with the #1 pick have been at a good 90%+ of the pre-draft dinners with potential targets of that top pick, and the ones they weren't were due to scheduling conflicts and they 100% met/spoke with the players before the draft pick was made.

You people are taking a giant leap from, "they were at the dinner" to "they made the decision" with absolutely zero evidence to back it up

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Oh my god, she hugged him, so obvious that the Teppers forced Fitterer/Reich to take him after that, how could I be so blind.  Shocking that the owners of the team wants to meet the potential #1 overall draft pick that you want to build your franchise around.

Said it the other day, the Teppers only involvement in the draft pick (after the trade was made) was approving of who Reich and Fitterer wanted to take, and I don't think they'd have said no to either of Bryce or Stroud if the football guys wanted them.

April 29th Stroud destroys the combine, Young doesnt do poo

March 1rst we trade for the #1 pick

then this happens:

we are so fuged

fuging infuriating

Fr6lvwUXgAIOLah.jpg:large

The 21-year-old was greeted by Carolina's owners, David (center) and Nicole (left) Tepper

I shouldnt have to explain to you why the fuging owners wife hugging a prospect is a fuging problem.  The teppers put their dumb noses in business they should stay away from.  The last two owners that attended pro days were jimmy haslan and dan fuging synder.  Great company there tepper. 

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

I DO believe Tepper meddles. He lingers too long at other’s press conferences and interjects when not the primary interviewee. He sits front and center at the draft table. Before you say, “Of course he does. He owns the team.” I don’t remember Richardson doing that.
I can only think of one other owner like him - Jerry Jones. And like Jerry Jones, I think he sticks his nose where it doesn’t belong. I don’t think he is willing to sit back and let football people make football decisions. I think Tepper thinks he’s the smartest man in the room when clearly football is not his specialty. This team will tout the company line because Tepper is vindictive and will make their lives miserable. You will not hear what the scouts and front office truly think until they leave the team. And when that happens, I can’t wait to hear how things truly went down.

• Pie 1

repost:

I think the bigger point is that tepper and Nicole kind of poisoned the process and evaluation of things by letting everyone know who they liked.   It’s not supposed to be like that.   Just more continued meddling.  If young is the better prospect then let things play out neutrally.   But after the combine and strouds pro day I know who Reich and Mcown wanted.   Could that have changed absolutely but going into the process knowing who your boss and his wife likes is fuging playground poo.   Amateur hour.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Just because they were there, doesn't mean they were active in the decision making process, one doesn't mean the other.

I'd be willing to bet that the owners of the team with the #1 pick have been at a good 90%+ of the pre-draft dinners with potential targets of that top pick, and the ones they weren't were due to scheduling conflicts and they 100% met/spoke with the players before the draft pick was made.

You people are taking a giant leap from, "they were at the dinner" to "they made the decision" with absolutely zero evidence to back it up

Go look up other owners at prodays & proday dinners and get back to me.

No one knows the mix but he was there. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...