• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Answer This Question

unicar15

If Stewart puts up another 130+ yard performance on the Saints do the rumors of trading Deangelo actually become a reality?

Nope, because all the experts say we would trade him for a first rounder. Well NEWS FLASH, DeAngelo Williams is worth FIVE first round picks. So no way in hell would this organization be stupid enough to trade D-Will. Especially since they have no confidence in Mike Goodson.

lol wut?

Some post a few days ago from a Memphis fan saying that he believes Williams wants out and that's why there's been no contract extension. Says his agent was interviewed on the radio and said something along the lines of "we want to evaluate what his role will be before re-signing with the Panthers".

Link

the trend now near standard, is to have TWO qualtity backs.

The value of a high draft pick rb is going DOWN.

Now, the Panthers have had a good track record lately of drafting good to solid rb's. So maybe they feel more comfortable in scouting rb's to allow someone to go.

But I don't think they will.

I don't see us trading either of them.

Honestly, I prefer D-Will's style to Stew's. This game against the Giants... I didn't think Stewart had that in him, I was impressed. But Trading D-Will seems unwise, I'd rather see them wrap him up to a long-term deal, but none of us can really know for sure what Fox's plan is for him...

edit: Also, D-Will, at least when he's playing, seems to always be into the game with Stew... If Stew has success, hes' right over there congratulating him... Dunno... I'd like to see us feature D-Will more, though.

It is the agent's job to be negotiating at all times. But it doesn't necessarily reflect how the player feels or what is happening. I would expect them to extend Williams if they are going to this offseason since next year will be uncapped. If they trade him, they would do it in the offseason as well assuming he is fine physically.

Archived