• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miles Sucks, Right?

Proudiddy

Miles is a decent RB. Problem is, he has such little vision. I've seen him lower his head into guys rather than just following the butts into a gap for an easy 4. Make a guy miss and it's more. 

I don't have the energy to find the screenshots but there's a few at least. He just doesn't know how to find his hole sometimes. If it's square in front of him, he's gaining yards but fug man, this is the NFL. D-Will and Stew were great for us because their vision. They'd find that one cut to make to get second level and then let their skill sets gain from that point.

12 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Miles doesn’t suck at all.  See OL thread for reasons he’s not putting up big numbers. 

Yeah, I know...  but that's why I'm sharing bc he's been getting a ton of blame and I've been seeing a lot of comparisons to what he did in Philly and people asking why he hasn't done it here.

But this brings me back to coaching.  Sure, the OL ability and effort on the field has a lot to do with his productivity, but I made the point last week that when Wilks took over last season and we went to the power run game, the OL was dominant.  We started this year with the same OL minus Corbett, and even with Zavala in his place, we still had the personnel for a similar scheme as what we ran with Foreman last season...  and yet, our OL looks like complete ass.  I really think it's what the coaches are asking the OL and RBs to do, and it doesn't line up with their strengths.