• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just how BAD is Bryce Young?

BrisbanePanther

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

tua was coming off a major injury.  Clausen looked like hot garbage his first year, as did zack wilson, as did darnold etc

damn this game is fun to play

Still only 3 games. Whats the point in trying to predict his career off 3 games? Im just saying its way too early still

• Pie 1

Just now, Mike in Raleigh said:

Who the f knows? He's played 3 games under an incompetent leadership structure. I can't  make a judgment call based on everything else we've seen.

Right this is where I am. Fitterer doesnt know what hes doing and Reich seems like a joke

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Frank9999 said:

Just saying its way too early to really come to conclusions on Bryce. Fitterer has really did this team an injustice by having this half ass roster 

Yes and no, obviously it's clearly too early to come to any conclusion on him as a player.

But the more we lose, the more it raises the stakes on what he has to become in his career for it to be a successful pick.

If we give the Bears a Top 2 pick, Bryce then needs to win us a SB and likely be a HOFer for that trade to ever be deemed a success.  Just no other way to slice it if we end up giving away Caleb or Maye (or Sanders) on top of all the other assets we had to give up to get Bryce.

Now that I've finally seen the footage (couldn't watch the game here in Portland), I like a lot of what I saw from Bryce. Seems he made quicker decisions. Still holds on to the ball a bit. I wish someone other than Thielen was open. Maybe they are and we're not throwing to them. The pocket look cleaner than in Seattle. A running game would certainly help. It looked like Sanders made a better receiver than RB. 

Obviously, we should have capitalized in the red zone. That would have made a big difference. But I feel like Bryce looked a lot better.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

It's way too early to know how bad or good Young will be. That said, it's not looking good at this time, but the Panthers are about as bad a situation as a rookie QB could have been put into.

It's sad because it looked like he being put in a great situation before the season started. A line that was very good last season. Veteran receivers. A new RB who had more than 1000 yards last season. An improved TE. Experienced coaching staff. 

Disaster so far.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Yes and no, obviously it's clearly too early to come to any conclusion on him as a player.

But the more we lose, the more it raises the stakes on what he has to become in his career for it to be a successful pick.

If we give the Bears a Top 2 pick, Bryce then needs to win us a SB and likely be a HOFer for that trade to ever be deemed a success.  Just no other way to slice it if we end up giving away Caleb or Maye (or Sanders) on top of all the other assets we had to give up to get Bryce.

But Scott Fitterer told us they don’t plan on picking in the top 10 for a long time 

11 hours ago, Frank9999 said:

Tua looked like hot garbage his rookie year. 

i still believe in Bryce. Hes in a shitty situation 

I’ve seen this a couple times and I don’t really get it. Tua was 6-3 with a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. Young’s stats have been horrendous. And I don’t even think that fully does it justice.