• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers actively shopping for a WR

ncfan

6 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Why does he keep trading away draft capital like the panthers are a team on fhe cusp of a super bowl? Were going to have some really shitty drafts for several years seemingly 

At some point you need to just eat your mistakes and commit to a rebuild.  All this retooling poo keeps sinking the franchise progressively deeper...

Look at his drafts. He can't keep fuging up drafts if he trades all the picks.

guy-with-black-jacket-think.gif

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Remember when folks were saying 

- it’s better not having a #1 number.  This is one of the best WR corps we have ever had.  No one will have a clue where the QB is going with the ball.  It’s going to be such an advantage. 

image.gif.b8a340c818407287a618aa38cef5ac80.gif

I knew when the team was saying TMJ was the #2 we were screwed. Dude is a bust, period.  Not every draft pick can be salvaged when they obviously don't meet expectations.  AT was going to provide some plays from the slot, but his days of taking over games are, well...over.  That left a rookie as the #1, one of which I was not high on.  Mingo was not one the WRs I wanted to draft.

Edited by 45catfan

Just now, panfanman said:

I could get behind this but only for multiple years.  This year is toast so if it's only for a one year rental I'm out.

Yeah. It needs to be adding a weapon to play alongside Bryce here for a while. If they can find that it’s a good move. These kinds of moves were always on the horizon when you took a rookie QB. I don’t know why people are scandalized by it. You didn’t draft Young for this season.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

Yep

Not even remotely a piece or two away for our team.  If you can get two starters for the price of one, you do it.  Franchise players are the exception to the rule and Burns is not a franchise player.  He's really good, but not the cornerstone of this team.

• Pie 2

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My concern is that he looks just like TMJ. I just think this organization really sucks at evaluating the WR position and always has. In the last 9 drafts we've taken 6 WRs in either the 1st or 2nd round. Other than DJ Moore we've simply made terrible choices.

We’ve gotten worse at it too. We can laugh at Funchess and KB, but year 3 for Funchess was 63-840-8TDs. Benjamin played 2.5 seasons for us compared to 2 seasons and 3 games for TMJ.

KB in 2.5 seasons 168-2424-18 TDs

TMJ 52-686-1TD

Funchess’ best year is more than TMJ’s career and KB in a few more games effectively tripled TMJ and TMJ still has 1 TD.

KB and Funchess didn’t work out but the scale of “not working out” is completely insane in comparison.

• Pie 3

We suck at drafting WRs, especially of late.  We look at potential over production.  Outside of QB, I think WR is the most stat driven position in football where the proof is in the pudding.  When we continue to draft guys with "upside," "intangibles," and "athletic traits" over dudes with proven production and gaudy stat lines, then this is EXACTLY what you get.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

We’ve gotten worse at it too. We can laugh at Funchess and KB, but year 3 for Funchess was 63-840-8TDs. Benjamin played 2.5 seasons for us compared to 2 seasons and 3 games for TMJ.

KB in 2.5 seasons 168-2424-18 TDs

TMJ 52-686-1TD

Funchess’ best year is more than TMJ’s career and KB in a few more games effectively tripled TMJ and TMJ still has 1 TD.

KB and Funchess didn’t work out but the scale of “not working out” is completely insane in comparison.

KB is still such a huge "what if" story for me if he hadn't lost his mom and blew out his knee. Maybe he could've overcame one or the other but it just seemed like the combo of the two was too much. By all accounts he was the best player on the field that training camp he blew out his knee and second place wasn't even close.

I'll never forget that grab he made in perfect double coverage between the two best DBs in the game.

• Pie 1