• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich is trying to put a square peg in a round hole

Lame Duck

I posted my analysis of Bryce prior to draft and I got pooed a ton because it went against what fancy analysts were saying.

Bryce can be good QB and he can be very successful with the right system and talent around him.  Unfortunately, Frank is playing Young like a regular pocket QB which he is not.  Young is short and he cannot see/read blitzing packages yet Frank keep playing Young like conventional QB and putting him under center.  Other teams using this to their advantage and they are blitzing the hell out of him.  Bryce has no time to throw because he’s waiting for passing lanes to develop and other teams know it, they know if they get to Young within 3 seconds, he’s cooked.

What our amazing coaching staff should do is move Bryce to shotgun and play West Coast offense to buy him time and create passing lanes much sooner by shifting OL sideways.  Frank keeps forcing Young to do something that he will never excel in week in and week out.  Murdering our franchise QB.

Young cannot see blitzers on either side of the line and he will continue to get demolish until Frank begins rolling him out and buying him more time.

IMG_6193.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

What our amazing coaching staff should do is move Bryce to shotgun and play West Coast offense to buy him time and create passing lanes much sooner by shifting OL sideways.  Frank keeps forcing Young to do something that he will never excel in week in and week out.  Murdering our franchise QB.

Frank Reich runs a west coast offense.... and BY has taken 70% of his snaps from shotgun/Pistol.....

Reich is based in the West Coast Offense. Reich is great at isolating his playmakers and helping his quarterbacks deliver the ball in combination with a strong run game.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 3

Most of his snaps are coming out of the gun. He’s statistically been excellent throwing across the middle. He’s not “too short” to see blitz packages lol. He’s played three games and isn’t familiar with every disguise he’s going to see from a defensive front, and he has the league’s worst interior line with a left tackle that collapses whenever the heat is on and can’t stand one on one against a blitzing safety.

frankly given his passing chart over the middle your “analysis” is looking pretty terrible right now 

Edited by Growl

I'm not sure what Frank is trying to accomplish with this offense. There's no running game and apparently a pass over 20 yards is not an option.  He needs to hand the play sheet to Brown so he can focus on who's on the field and the play clock instead of staring at the play sheet.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not sure what Frank is trying to accomplish with this offense. There's no running game and apparently a pass over 20 yards is not an option.  He needs to hand the play sheet to Brown so he can focus on who's on the field and the play clock instead of staring at the play sheet.

the concern i have today is the fact that Thomas Brown designs our run plays... and I have not been impressed with what I have seen. Now the counter argument to that could be the fact that we dont have the guard talent to execute Thomas' system. He does have a rather complex run system that was well executed in LA and has similiar concepts to MIA and SF. 

It would make sense if it was related to guard play, bc when BC was here and healthy our run game was effective. Ever since he got injured... our Guard play has been atrociouis in both run and pass.

I get people are frustrated... but if you are running a system like Thomas Brown's ... an effective oline is mandatory.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

50 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

I posted my analysis of Bryce prior to draft and I got pooed a ton because it went against what fancy analysts were saying.

Bryce can be good QB and he can be very successful with the right system and talent around him.  Unfortunately, Frank is playing Young like a regular pocket QB which he is not.  Young is short and he cannot see/read blitzing packages yet Frank keep playing Young like conventional QB and putting him under center.  Other teams using this to their advantage and they are blitzing the hell out of him.  Bryce has no time to throw because he’s waiting for passing lanes to develop and other teams know it, they know if they get to Young within 3 seconds, he’s cooked.

Young cannot see blitzers on either side of the line and he will continue to get demolish until Frank begins rolling him out and buying him more time.

IMG_6193.jpeg

My guy, Bryce is literally in shotgun every single play.  I cannot remember many plays at all this season with the QB under center.

Been watching football in general, and the Nfl specifically for a very long time 

coaches tend to over complicate 

they tend to try and run ‘their system’ even if they do not yet have the players to run that system or if injuries have taken those players away 

IT IS SIMPLY impossible for them to think ‘tactical to strategic’ Wilks did, this guy can’t 

at this moment, if this head coach is going to stay with Bryce, he needs to

1. use KISS method. Run the ball no matter what it takes away from his system for now    This line has hit to learn to work together abs gain confidence band nothing does  that like running the ball

2.  get rid of his empty  set or one back backfield and if he throws, vertical 

3. give  the play calling to someone else 

4. Find something this offensive line can do and run it over and over again 

And if he doesn’t want an empty stadium, go back to Dalton and let young sit until Reich and his all staff get  his freaking offense fixed 

if I’m Tepper, if that doesn’t happen, Reich needs to be gone at the end of the year and elevate the DC 

as for the fans, I blame not one of them for not going to this poo show   I’ve lived through plenty of poo  shows with the Panthers and it really isn’t worth going to see a jv team suit up on pro football Sundays 

you can go see high school football and enjoy it more   They are at least  playing for the love of the game 

Edited by raleigh-panther