• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns "liked" this post on Instagram

13 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Wilks should have been the guy. He won the hearts of the players. He knew what do with the running game and had Darnold playing his best ball. We could have landed another QB without trading DJ Moore and be in the driver seat for the division right now.

That said I like Burns but he is no Julius Peppers. He is tradeable . 

Darnold was not playing his best ball. 

There is no salvaging this season. If the staff is committed to Young even if it means 0-17, get rid of Burns IF the price is right.  This rebuild needs more ammunition and cache is nearly empty.  If we can get two first, then go for it.  At minimum I'd take a first and either a day 2 pick or a healthy "plug and play" offensive weapon with proven production.

23 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

There is no salvaging this season. If the staff is committed to Young even if it means 0-17, get rid of Burns IF the price is right.  This rebuild needs more ammunition and cache is nearly empty.  If we can get two first, then go for it.  At minimum I'd take a first and either a day 2 pick or a healthy "plug and play" offensive weapon with proven production.

I'd take the first also if Hurney was drafting but not with fat Robin Thicke drafting

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Keeping Burns over Moore will go down as one of the biggest mistakes this franchise has ever made. 

Can’t argue about it being a mistake…. If if we are being honest with ourselves though, neither players are true game changers. CMC is looking like a bigger trade blunder, as he would make a massive difference to our offense right now

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

Can’t argue about it being a mistake…. If if we are being honest with ourselves though, neither players are true game changers. CMC is looking like a bigger trade blunder, as he would make a massive difference to our offense right now

There was never a reason to keep Burns over either. He was the least needed player for this rebuild. Although they are trying everything they can to avoid doing so. This half ass rebuilding or whatever Fitterer is trying to do is making this team worse with every move he makes. I'm not even sure what Frank is doing with his offense.  His calls get more conservative with each game, except with Dalton. What's that about? WTF is running this circus?!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

Wilks should have been the guy. He won the hearts of the players. He knew what do with the running game and had Darnold playing his best ball. 

No thanks. Mr. "Punt to Tom Brady when my career is on the line" makes Rivera look like Sean McVay. Not to mention how our defense got worse under Wilks.

Edited by Khaki Lackey
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

he likes what the poster puts in the comment field.. Basically stating that seeing the stadium overrun by Vikings fan yesterday was defeating and makes it hard to be a fan. If OP can screenshot that part and share it you could seee how someone quickly reading the post would like it.

I can only imagine the players are pissed that they had an away game at home

Especially against the damn Vikings, which are not known for their traveling, nationwide fan base.  Its just pathetic...

Man can you imagine if we would have stood pat at #9 and traded him for two 1st’s and then we poo the bed this year, got Caleb Williams AND some OL and WR talent around him. This team is why I continue to buy Madden every year, it’s the only way we do anything right as a franchise. Damn shame. 

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

No thanks. Mr. "Punt to Tom Brady when my career is on the line" makes Rivera look like Sean McVay. Not to mention how our defense got worse under Wilks.

A lot of it is simply talent too. Steve Wilks is the DC in SF and they are fire. Our players are all poo unfortunately. 

• Pie 1