• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Bailey says Tepper isnt happy, wants changes now.

CPF4LIFE

On 10/5/2023 at 1:55 PM, Leaky_Faucet said:

Yes. I said that 6 months ago.

Sorry - just now seeing this. This is really discouraging. I would have thought that whoever Tepper hired would have been with the program of knowing that they were going to draft a young QB and develop them - hearing that Reich wanted another retread which is what he kept doing repeatedly in Indy (and what we kept doing repeatedly here post Cam) makes me realize all over again that this is a mess. 

Serious scenario…if you’re worth $21 billion and it’s going up billions every year…can’t you make an outside-the-box move?  Tepper is the 35th wealthiest PERSON in America, far wealthier than even most pro sports owners (Jerry Jones ain’t even close).

Panthers are worth $4 billion

Chiefs are worth $4.3 billion

Bills are worth $3.7 billion

Lions are worth $3.6 billion

Bengals are worth $3.5 billion (last in NFL)

As a $21 billionaire businessman, can’t you write a check and swap these businesses (players, front office, contracts, name, branding, etc) and move the current Panthers to Buffalo, etc and bring the Buffalo etc organization to Charlotte?  

Instead of trading players, swap the whole damn thing and let’s go…!

The NFL Salary cap doesn’t allow the rich to buy titles like it does in many other sports, but there are usually ways ($$$ outside of player contracts) around everything…

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Serious scenario…if you’re worth $21 billion and it’s going up billions every year…can’t you make an outside-the-box move?  Tepper is the 35th wealthiest PERSON in America, far wealthier than even most pro sports owners (Jerry Jones ain’t even close).

As a $21 billionaire businessman, can’t you write a check and swap these businesses (players, front office, contracts, name, branding, etc) and move the current Panthers to Buffalo, etc and bring the Buffalo etc organization to Charlotte?  

The NFL Salary cap doesn’t allow the rich to buy titles like it does in many other sports, but there are usually ways ($$$ outside of player contracts) around everything…

I think the current owners of the Bills would have something to say about that. Also all the other owners.

11 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Why buy another team? Since he is from Pittsburgh why not just force your way to a 2nd team in Pittsburgh

On 10/22/2023 at 4:49 AM, HardcoreHokie said:

Been a long time since that happened.  Last time I can remember is when Baltimore and the Rams traded teams. 

Robert Irsay bought the Rams on July 13, 1972. He then immediately traded the franchise to Carroll Rosenbloom, who was the owner of the Baltimore Colts. Rosenbloom made the deal in part because he saved $4.4 million in taxes, which was an enticing proposition.

Chump change for an owner these days. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Flames 1

Sorry to resurrect but I cannot start topics.  

His unhappiness was on display when they showed him on the big screen with Goodell.  It looked like Nicole told him they were on camera and he half waved it off.  Also in the locker room when Reich presented the ball to Thomas Brown, he seemed to be the only one in there not clapping.

Personally I like it.  I would be much more annoyed if he was happy with how things are going.  Now if he could only get out of his own way with hiring people.  

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ThrillzforthePils said:

Sorry to resurrect but I cannot start topics.  

His unhappiness was on display when they showed him on the big screen with Goodell.  It looked like Nicole told him they were on camera and he half waved it off.  Also in the locker room when Reich presented the ball to Thomas Brown, he seemed to be the only one in there not clapping.

Personally I like it.  I would be much more annoyed if he was happy with how things are going.  Now if he could only get out of his own way with hiring people.  

If what Steve Wilks did the last part of the season didn’t motivate Tepper to not can his ass….

I am certain that Frank Reich’s 15-13 win to advance to 1-6 means about dogshit to David Tepper.