• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All 22 Review: Panthers vs Viking [Week 4 2023]

TheCasillas

10 hours ago, thennek said:

So game one when Brady was playing…..was the o-line better? That could help figure if it is scheme or personnel.

Also I wonder if Zavala is better at RG vs LG? He is a rookie and already playing in his second position. Maybe moving him around messed his development. 

Yes and yes. Better with bc and Zavala had a better game at RG. However, he ultimately is struggling bad regardless where you put him on the field.

• Pie 2

Thank you for continuing these as well as being one of the more knowledgeable and realistic posters.

Part of me was wondering whether or not it was worth logging in to the Huddle for the rest of the season since it was going to be predominantly the same Mean Girls gaslighting themselves and others instead of analysis, insider info, and good faith discussions/debates. Logged in today just to see if your game review was up. Much appreciated. Keep Pounding!!!

• Pie 2

13 hours ago, frankw said:

As much as it is absolutely fair to question the level of culpability James Campen has in this it's also fair to say Scott Fitterer has had going on 3 years now to assemble an offensive line and it's gone poorly every time. We need big changes.

I think missing Corbett and Brady C is what is really hurting us. As bad as our QB play was last year, I thought the O-line was more than adequate with their pass blocking and a huge improvement from 2021. Chubba and Donta each averaged over 4.4 yards per carry and rushed for about 1,400 yards between them. I thought going into this season we were going set. What we've seen is that we have no solid players to provide depth on the O-line to step up when/if a starter goes down. We'd be doomed if we lost a starting tackle this year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's isn't some insane awesome throw. It's a good throw that I expect any NFL QB to be able to make. If that's the shining jewel to hang your hat on after three starts...well, that's my point.

Hell, I HOPE I'm wrong. I hope Bryce is great. I'm not anti-Bryce. He seems like a great guy... who just hasn't shown NFL caliber talent through three games.

For those looking for "insane awesome incompletion" . . . here it is:

15 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I appreciate the effort and there's no way I'd put this effort into subjecting myself to watching this again but my goodness the expectations have cratered to call that an "absolute insane throw". That throw you keep drooling over is the type of throw you just expect NFL QBs to make.

There's a 15-page thread dedicated to literally just that one play, so it's wild that you feel compelled to derail this thread to singularly focus on that one play again when there's a whole host of new insight and perspective being shared.  Your disagreement with his characterization is well noted, you don't need to relitigate this silly trivial argument.

• Pie 4