• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Depressing stat to start your Friday

ncfan

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I love it when Tepper thinks he has it all figured out and proudly announces to the world just how damn dumb he is on football matters.

Bengals owner- “we have to get Burrow an Elite Weapon like Chase, even if it means ignoring the OL”

Bills owner- “we need to get Young Josh Allen a number 1 guy, like Diggs”

Miami- We should surround our Young QB wihh th Weapons.

Jax- we need to get Trevor some help, even if it means grossly over paying a Christian Kirk

Tepper- we don’t need no elite weapons. 

• Flames 2

Happy for them! They were playing well here, so it's not surprising that they're playing well in new locations.

If Bryce Young develops into the franchise QB that the team is hoping for, then it was a solid trade for all parties. The #61 pick for CMC was packaged along with DJ to move up for Bryce. #93 + #132 were used to move up for DJ Johnson who has shown flashes that he can set the edge in the NFL (but still needs to develop his pass rush arsenal).

Bryce Young alone makes both trades worth it if he ends up the next franchise QB. If DJ Johnson turns out to be a starting edge rusher as well? Then shoot... I got to see CMC + DJ play for the Panthers and see them ball out win their veteran seasons while the capital that the team gained from them was used on a QB + DE.

I will say this... the fans that bitched relentlessly about trading an overpaid RB, doing anything possible to aggressively gamble on a QB at #1, and claimed that DJ Moore isn't a top 20 WR sure do seem to be mad that the team did everything that they wanted. 😮

Edited by Icege

Looking back on it, the comments from Tepper about not needing elite receiver's are outrageous.

The way he throws the ball, the way he’s a point guard, how you can use the different players on the field, how you might not have to have as many elite receivers because he’s the point guard, right? So he distributes the ball to people with routes. So we can save some money there, we can save money in other places and put that money on the defensive side of the ball. 

Young never stood a chance with these guys thinking you can give him some JAG receivers and put points on the board.

Edited by Billy Goat
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Bengals owner- “we have to get Burrow an Elite Weapon like Chase, even if it means ignoring the OL”

Bills owner- “we need to get Young Josh Allen a number 1 guy, like Diggs”

Miami- We should surround our Young QB wihh th Weapons.

Jax- we need to get Trevor some help, even if it means grossly over paying a Christian Kirk

Tepper- we don’t need no elite weapons. 

What's baffling is they admitted they were enamored with Bryce because of his "point guard mentality". Well, if you surround a pass first PG with a trash supporting cast on the basketball court, you're gonna have trash.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Billy Goat said:

Looking back on it, the comments from Tepper about not needing good receiver's are outrageous.

The way he throws the ball, the way he’s a point guard, how you can use the different players on the field, how you might not have to have as many elite receivers because he’s the point guard, right? So he distributes the ball to people with routes. So we can save some money there, we can save money in other places and put that money on the defensive side of the ball. 

Young never stood a chance with these guys thinking you can give them so JAG receivers and put points in the board.

The Cam approach all over again. We have "that dude" at QB so now we can just focus completely on D. Except Bryce ain't no Cam. He's not making anything happen on his own in an NFL field.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

Looking back on it, the comments from Tepper about not needing elite receiver's are outrageous.

Young never stood a chance with these guys thinking you can give him some JAG receivers and put points on the board.

The fact that he thinks he understand nfl qbs should rattle each and every huddler to their bones.   This dumpster fire of a franchise is in for a long ride unless he simply steps aside

• Flames 4

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What's baffling is they admitted they were enamored with Bryce because of his "point guard mentality". Well, if you surround a pass first PG with a trash supporting cast on the basketball court, you're gonna have trash.

I guess I never understood the pointguard mentality, isnt every QB a pointguard? They all pass the ball to their receivers lol. I get maybe like Cam or AR are more capable on their own making plays because they can run, but Stroud is more of a passer than runner, the point guard thing was always a strange thing.

Just now, Samppson said:

I guess I never understood the pointguard mentality, isnt every QB a pointguard? They all pass the ball to their receivers lol. I get maybe like Cam or AR are more capable on their own making plays because they can run, but Stroud is more of a passer than runner, the point guard thing was always a strange thing.

Just feels like this organization under Tepper has to create some type of bullshit narrative to sell themselves in what they've already decided to do.

• Flames 1