• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns is beating double teams

Icege

Peppers was 10x times better than Burns.. and we let him go!! Peppers wanted to stay but they refused to pay him!! seems obvious panthers holding on him for trade bait at this point!! I like Burns I think it would be a mistake to let him go!!! We need to keep him and make zero trades!! Ride this year out!! Try schemes give Thomas OC duties and rebuild next few years 

55 minutes ago, RJK said:

Paying burns top 5 pass rusher $ is a mistake and will hurt the franchise in the long run. So that’s exactly what fitt will do 

It would be expensive, but it would be for a top 5-10 edge for 3-5 years of his prime on the next deal.

Wouldn’t it also hurt the franchise in the “long run” to not have that edge?

Both sides of the argument have their merits. 

However…if Bryce is worth a damn, then Burns contract is inconsequential since we won’t have an expensive QB deal to care about. 

That’s why I think people are caring a bit too much about his potential annual salary. 

• Flames 1

20 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

Peppers was 10x times better than Burns.. and we let him go!! Peppers wanted to stay but they refused to pay him!! seems obvious panthers holding on him for trade bait at this point!! I like Burns I think it would be a mistake to let him go!!! We need to keep him and make zero trades!! Ride this year out!! Try schemes give Thomas OC duties and rebuild next few years 

Could have sworn Peppers wanted to leave. He lived in NC his whole life and wanted to experience a different place. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Icege said:

20231006_181339.thumb.jpg.1aed3208fcae636f50336bfdf584f576.jpg

"bUt hE dIssAppEArs In crUcIAl mOmEnts"

Burns is leading the team in sacks, forced fumbles, TFLs, QB hits, and pressures all while facing more double teams.

What's he supposed to do? Play offense too? Pay the man before folks are crying about him balling out somewhere else!

The same crowd that wants to ship off Burns for a receiver and pick is the generally the same crowd that had DJ Moore slated as a number two receiver.

• Flames 3

13 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Could have sworn Peppers wanted to leave. He lived in NC his whole life and wanted to experience a different place. 

I do remember that he was wanting out of NC too..But I also read he was willing to stay for the right price.. I get it I joined the military to get out of NC to see the world!! It worked out him he got on hood teams.. had to correct this cuz I thought he did get a ring… I was wrong.. still a good dude!!

Edited by DamnItJake!

7 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

It would be expensive, but it would be for a top 5-10 edge for 3-5 years of his prime on the next deal.

Wouldn’t it also hurt the franchise in the “long run” to not have that edge?

Both sides of the argument have their merits. 

However…if Bryce is worth a damn, then Burns contract is inconsequential since we won’t have an expensive QB deal to care about. 

That’s why I think people are caring a bit too much about his potential annual salary. 

Burns isn’t an every down player. You can’t pay a situational pass rusher that kind of money when there are holes at pretty much every position on offense. Not to mention I’d hate to see how invisible Spiderman becomes when he gets paid and starts to coast 

27 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Yea he wanted to leave,  he had to leave mentally for his sake. 

He publicly announced he wanted to play somewhere else. 

Edited by carpanfan96

3 hours ago, frankw said:

I've been pro-Burns but you can't deny his disappearances. It's looking like we should have figured out a way to keep DJ and trade him. Moore and Brown should have been the only two off limits if we were making a move for a franchise QB.

If you looked at DJ he “disappeared” sometimes as well. 

6 hours ago, RJK said:

Burns isn’t an every down player. You can’t pay a situational pass rusher that kind of money when there are holes at pretty much every position on offense. Not to mention I’d hate to see how invisible Spiderman becomes when he gets paid and starts to coast 

I respectfully disagree with everything you said. 

13 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I think we're going to hang on to Brian and place the franchise tag on him, possibly trade him in the offseason, not in-season 

I very much could see this being what happens if the team's record is as abysmal as fans are fearing. Would be the smartest move also, imo.

• Beer 1