• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brock Purdy and Bryce Young

tukafan21

What's your point here? Bryce was a first pick and Purdy was Mr irrelevant in his draft. 

Expecting the panthers to hit on a late round qb like that would be bonkers. It's statistically improbable and possible never happened in franchise history..

I'm not saying Purdy = Brady but the odds were similarly long for both I'd think. The 49ers got incredibly lucky with Purdy bc they traded away way more capital than we did for Lance.

That and the 49ers are just a much better team in general with better coaching and drafting. Maybe comparing the two teams isn't too meaningful 😕 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 1

Similar arm strength but the big difference is that Purdy has absolutely elite anticipation and ball placement where so far Bryce has looked pretty average in those categories too. I didn't expect that. I really expected Bryce to be the type of QB who could throw guys open with anticipation and ball placement while hitting them in stride to allow for maximum YAC. That just hasn't been the case as of yet.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

What's your point here? Bryce was a first pick and Purdy was Mr irrelevant in his draft. 

Expecting the panthers to hit on a late round qb like that would be bonkers. It's statistically improbable and possible never happened in franchise history..

I'm not saying Purdy = Brady but the odds were similarly long for both I'd think. The 49ers got incredibly lucky with Purdy bc they traded away way more capital than we did for Lance.

I guess they got lucky but man have the niners gone through a stack of qb's.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Bears are actually playing better, I doubt they will get the #2 overall pick. 1st overall pick, yeah we've locked that in for them

They have played well the last couple weeks, it's going to get real interesting as the more we lose, the more Fields will be very much playing for his job and his future.

He'll need to look REALLY good the rest of the season for the Bears to justify trading the top pick instead of taking Williams and then trading Fields to another QB needy team.

Can't imagine what they'd get in trade for that pick though

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

They have played well the last couple weeks, it's going to get real interesting as the more we lose, the more Fields will be very much playing for his job and his future.

He'll need to look REALLY good the rest of the season for the Bears to justify trading the top pick instead of taking Williams and then trading Fields to another QB needy team.

Can't imagine what they'd get in trade for that pick though

Pretty much. He would get traded or released if they do end up with a top 5 pick with their own 2024 first round selection I'd imagine. Unless they end up going on a tear and win several games. Then I think they'd probably draft Harrison JR to pair with DJ 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 1

Shanahan is a master play caller and play designer. That TD to FB was the 2nd time that play has been called tonight. Both times he was wide open in the flat on the play-action pass. Why don’t we have something like this in our playbook?

• Pie 1