• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just speculating... I wouldn't be surprised if Frank or Fitt is fired soon. Very soon.

Proudiddy

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Mr. Scot has his ways but I don't think we should be pushing him out the door. He has value as a contributor.

That being said. The propensity for being a company line man when it suits him makes me feel like my eyes are going to roll right back into my head. Especially when it comes to the subject of Scott Fitterer whom apparently is not a "bad" GM in his eyes which absolutely astounds me considering the venom he's had for Hurney. Say what you want about Marty at least he did draft some All-Pro caliber players along the way. I'm still waiting to see the first one from Fitterer. We need a new front office.

Only member on my block list. He's no problem for me. I think he's a older guy so I think people should cut him some slack or just simply block him like I did.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not real clear on what's "company line" about accepting that Thomas Brown wrote the playbook when he himself says he did.

lot of orgs set narratives publicly that aren't actually the reality of things inside.  For a host of reasons.  Heck, most isn't fair.  Everyone does variations of it. 

Brown also said during the early PR campaign on Brown when he was hired and wasn't allowed to actually be the full OC that "his" offense would be a blend of what the Rams did and what Frank in Indy did.   The one he was going to build from the ground up in a handful of short weeks. And that blend, just happens to be a legit clone of Frank's O.   The O Frank and not Brown would be calling. 

4 hours ago, CRA said:

I lost an avatar. But was proven correct about what the bet was about.  That Joe Brady wasn't the primary issue.  Matt Rhule was. 

I mean, the Joe Brady window was still the best offensive window the Matt Rhule era ever saw.  He was your boogeyman.  Matt Rhule and you needed him to be in order for the Matt Rhule charade to keep going.   Thankfully Matt Rhule proved me right beyond a shadow of a doubt (well, one doubt it appears is still being clung to lol). 

You can't even remember what the bet was about.  It was long after Brady was gone.

smh

14 hours ago, poundaway said:

You can't even remember what the bet was about.  It was long after Brady was gone.

smh

lol, you intentionally don’t seem to be able to acknowledge why Brady was ever discussed between you and I.   People like you were scapegoating THE primary problem.  Joe Brady wasn’t it.  That was always the core of that convo.   Firing Brady wouldn’t solve anything.  And it didn’t.  Proven fact.  We actually got worse.  

I can see it now.  You probably watching Nebraska games rooting for Matt Rhule to show us!! Come on Rhule!   But it’s always the same.  Matt Rhule teams have bad offenses.  Because of Matt Rhule. 

But I’m done talking about your champion Matt Rhule.  

6 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Weird argument. Scott is taking Brown's word as truth, and others argue that Brown's not telling the truth with no real evidence to back it. And who's pushing a narrative here? 🤔 

Some people love a good conspiracy theory. I mean Brown was breaking down how they both developed this whole offense and playbook and how he took part of what he learned from McVay. I doubt there is zero truth in that whole interview. I think some people are just bored and arguing nonsense for shits and giggles. 

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

So all you blokes running Mr Scott down here would walk straight up to Thomas Brown and call him a liar? 

I call it PR.  Crafting narrative and perception.  Literally something every company does.  Do you think the Panthers tell the public actually what is going on in that building? Do you think any team actually does that.   It is just a fact coaches and NFL teams get asked a billion questions and they choose not to give the actual truth.  And I'm not even argue they should.  No companies really do that. 

We hired Frank Reich.  Who from the jump was going to call plays.  And our offense is a clone of what he did in Indy and SD.    A literal clone.  That comes with a lot of the same problems that popped up in SD and Indy with it. 

I do believe Thomas Brown when he says his O would be a blend of Frank's and what he did with the Rams.  Because it's Frank's offense.  That what we have seen with our own eyes. That's not really debatable.  And he is tinkering with it.  The tinkering is the blend.   

57 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Some people love a good conspiracy theory. I mean Brown was breaking down how they both developed this whole offense and playbook and how he took part of what he learned from McVay. I doubt there is zero truth in that whole interview. I think some people are just bored and arguing nonsense for shits and giggles. 

The problem as I see it is that mr scot seems to believe what he wants to believe when he sees fit. 

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

that's the thing.  No one has claimed their is zero truth to it.  That's what NFL teams do.  They use partial truths.  They set narratives.  Images.  etc. 

I mean, if you want to argue Brown on his own built an offense that just happened to be a clone of Frank's on his own accord then so be it.   But what we rolled out this season has been Frank's offense. Are there tweaks to it? Sure.  That's what the offensive staff does.  And that happens every year in an offense.  I'm sure Brown has been busy adding his touches to it. 

But to deny the core of what the 2023 Panthers have built isn't Frank's offense? That's just denying what is on the field.  Because it's the same thing Frank ran in Indy and SD.  That's the bulk of what we have seen.  Not McVay's O.  Not even much of a blend.  It's been heavily weighted in one direction.  Frank. And it's why people were begging and dreaming when it was announced we would hopefully start to see some of that classic McVay stuff start to show. 

Statements from NFL teams are fine.  Actions matter more.  And the 2023 Panthers have been running Frank's core O.  Maybe Thomas Brown (the first time OC who wasn't allowed to come in here and call plays) wanted to do that all on his own through no influence of Frank.  But that gets hard to believe that he would come from the McVay tree and insist and mimicking so heavily what Frank has done for years.  Considering they didn't know each other or have ties. 

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

that's the thing.  No one has claimed their is zero truth to it.  That's what NFL teams do.  They use partial truths.  They set narratives.  Images.  etc. 

I mean, if you want to argue Brown on his own built an offense that just happened to be a clone of Frank's on his own accord then so be it.   But what we rolled out this season has been Frank's offense. Are there tweaks to it? Sure.  That's what the offensive staff does.  And that happens every year in an offense.  I'm sure Brown has been busy adding his touches to it. 

But to deny the core of what the 2023 Panthers have built isn't Frank's offense? That's just denying what is on the field.  Because it's the same thing Frank ran in Indy and SD.  That's the bulk of what we have seen.  Not McVay's O.  Not even much of a blend.  It's been heavily weighted in one direction.  Frank. And it's why people were begging and dreaming when it was announced we would hopefully start to see some of that classic McVay stuff start to show. 

Statements from NFL teams are fine.  Actions matter more.  And the 2023 Panthers have been running Frank's core O.  Maybe Thomas Brown (the first time OC who wasn't allowed to come in here and call plays) wanted to do that all on his own through no influence of Frank.  But that gets hard to believe that he would come from the McVay tree and insist and mimicking so heavily what Frank has done for years.  Considering they didn't know each other or have ties. 

He didn’t build it on his on. They both claim to have built it together. There are absolutely parts of Reich’s offense in it. I just don’t think Brown is lying saying he had a big part in creating it. Remember Reich was calling plays the first 6 games so he probably leaned on the ones he liked/created. We only saw one game of Brown calling plays. 
I’m not wasting pages arguing with you about what was stated and what is true or not. Im just saying if he spent an entire interview explaining how he helped created this offense and playbook with Reich I doubt he is just making poo up. It’s such a pointless lie to elaborate that much on. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He didn’t build it on his on. They both claim to have built it together. There are absolutely parts of Reich’s offense in it. I just don’t think Brown is lying saying he had a big part in creating it. Remember Reich was calling plays the first 6 games so he probably leaned on the ones he liked/created. We only saw one game of Brown calling plays. 
I’m not wasting pages arguing with you about what was stated and what is true or not. Im just saying if he spent an entire interview explaining how he helped created this offense and playbook with Reich I doubt he is just making poo up. It’s such a pointless lie to elaborate that much on. 

I argued he didn't build this O on his own from the ground.  That's PR fluff.  And that's what folks were saying yesterday.  That doesn't pass even the most basic eyeball test. 

They took Frank's core O and installed it.  Which makes sense given Frank was going to come in and call plays and Brown has never been an OC. Then have been attempting to tweak it.  It sure as heck needs it.    But it's largely to date just been vintage Frank's O.  That's my only point.  With the same problems his O routinely saw in every spot it's been run. To deny that, means to ignore what this football team has done on the field to date. 

and I have largely championed Brown should of been allowed to do whatever he wanted from day 1 because I don't like Frank's O and Frank sucks calling the O..... and we need way more of the McVay influence.  Because on the year, there has been very very little of it.  Hopefully we see more and more change and get further away from Frank's bread and butter.