• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mecole Hardman - Potential Trade Target?

UNCrules2187

2 hours ago, travisura said:

We're not going to be buyers at the deadline. Reports are the Fitt rightfully has his hands tied when it comes to sending away future assets.

Yeah, if Fitt is trying to buy, the cuffs need to be put on him. No more dumb trades. This is the hole you dug, let it play out.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

He was incredibly comparable to Shi Smith coming out of college. So if you didn't like him I'm not sure why you would bother. 

The only thing they have in common is their build. He's actually produced in the league. He put up more yards and TDs in his rookie season alone than Shi Smith has in his entire career.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

There aren’t any #1’s out there available outside of Higgins, who might not even be available until the offseason

I brought this up in a thread a week or two ago since they weren’t using him at all, his speed along would be valuable as we don’t have anyone like that right now.

I’d trade TMJ for him straight up

Yeah I'm on the wait for Tee Higgins train.

I don't mind trading a 3rd for a WR like Jeudy.

If we can go into next season with Higgins and Jeudy that would be excellent.

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah I'm on the wait for Tee Higgins train.

I don't mind trading a 3rd for a WR like Jeudy.

If we can go into next season with Higgins and Jeudy that would be excellent.

So, you don't want to trade for a known speedster (something we currently don't have) on a low contract because you want to wait for a player who odds are won't be made available in a trade until the offseason, and instead want to give up a 3rd for someone with a large contract next year and has never lived up to expectations?

Like I said in my thread the other day, Jeudy has been the #1 there since he stepped foot in the NFL and he has SEVEN total games in his career of over 77 yards receiving.

The ONLY way I'd ever accpet a trade for Jeudy is if the Broncos are paying 75% of his contract next year and we give up no more than a 5th.  

He's marginally better than Chark this year and would cost us $13 million next year, in no world is he worth that to us, particularly when you then factor in giving up a 3rd to get him.

Edited by tukafan21

14 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

So, you don't want to trade for a known speedster (something we currently don't have) on a low contract because you want to wait for a player who odds are won't be made available in a trade until the offseason, and instead want to give up a 3rd for someone with a large contract next year and has never lived up to expectations?

Like I said in my thread the other day, Jeudy has been the #1 there since he stepped foot in the NFL and he has SEVEN total games in his career of over 77 yards receiving.

The ONLY way I'd ever accpet a trade for Jeudy is if the Broncos are paying 75% of his contract next year and we give up no more than a 5th.  

He's marginally better than Chark this year and would cost us $13 million next year, in no world is he worth that to us, particularly when you then factor in giving up a 3rd to get him.

Yeah trade for a speedster when our QB has one of the weaker arms in the NFL.

Also I thought Chark was a deep threat?

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah trade for a speedster when our QB has one of the weaker arms in the NFL.

Also I thought Chark was a deep threat?

Where did I ever mention Hardman as a deep threat?

All we do is run WR screens and 5 yard hitches, if you don't understand how much a quick twitch speed guy like Hardman would help out with those routes as opposed to a straight line speed guy like Chark, then I don't know what to say to you.

Having speed at WR is used in far more ways than just go routes, do you not see what the Dolphins keep doing with Tyreek to just get the ball in his hands?  Sure, he does have some go routes where he just beats the defense, but they love to just get the ball in his hands quickly and let him run.

11 minutes ago, Bluetooth said:

They might target Diggs again

He's been unhappy in Buffalo for awhile now

LOL, helllllllllllll no

I love Diggs the player, but he'd be an utter disaster here.  

Look how unhappy he is at times while he has one of the best QB's throwing him the ball and on one of the best teams in the league with legit SB aspirations.

Put him on the team with the worst starting QB in the league and who hasn't won a game yet this year, I'm sure that will make him super happy all the time and never cause any problems.