• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chinn and his 19 snaps Sunday

Panthers Fan 69

I'm honestly wondering if it's just more of the personnel management issues that have already been admitted regarding Thielen and TMJ.  The thought is almost preposterous until you consider that we called a play designed for a single player, that wasn't on the field and then called a timeout.  

He's best as a 4-3 OLB. The only other position he's a decent fit at is SS near the line of scrimmage. Unfortunately he doesn't have a position in a 3-4 and he's definitely not a nickel or FS. Reminds me of when Thomas Davis was drafted and they kept trying to make him a S when it was clear he didn't have the speed to cover on the back end full time.

Not sure why this staff once they decided to move to a 3-4 (and really a 3-3-5 for the vast majority of snaps) decided to hang on to him. Should've traded him this past offseason once they realized he wouldn't be a fit. 

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 3

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

He's best as a 4-3 OLB. The only other position he's a decent fit at is SS near the line of scrimmage. Unfortunately he doesn't have a position in a 3-4 and he's definitely not a nickel or FS. Reminds me of when Thomas Davis was drafted and they kept trying to make him a S when it was clear he didn't have the speed to cover on the back end full time.

Not sure why this staff once they decided to move to a 3-4 with (and really a 3-3-5 for the vast majority of snaps) decided to hang on to him. Should've traded him this past offseason once they realized he wouldn't be a fit. 

Yeah he could be our TD clone if this franchise wasn’t complete ass

A lot of it could be packages and situational, and things are uncommonly misaligning with the situations they want to use him for. 

Something like, they thought there would be a lot more throwing against us or some other thing. 
other than that, he has to be an example of a bad fit because we know he can play. 
he hasn’t don’t a lot that I liked, or noticed I mean. Couple plays. 

Edited by stratocatter

5 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

A lot of it could be packages and situational, and things are uncommonly misaligning with the sitauations they want to use him for. 

Something like, they thought there would be a lot more throwing against us or some other thing. 
other. Thatn that, he has to be an example of a bad fit because we know he can play. 
he hasn’t don’t a lot that I liked, or noticed I mean. Couple plays. 

He just doesn't have a "regular" role in this defense. He's sort of a square peg.