• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper and his soccer facility so glad he is ‘excited’

raleigh-panther

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am going out on a limb here but I guessing he didn’t mention the panthers once.   

Why would he mention the Panthers? Would you expect him to mention Charlotte FC when making a media statement about the Panthers? Where was your outrage when he didn't mention the soccer team on draft night???

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, travisura said:

I can tell you as a fan of CLTFC, that his ownership of that team is just as inept as it is of the Panthers. Only those who know nothing of the situation would claim that Tepper favors the soccer team more. He is 100% more invested in the Panthers, as evidenced with how hands-on he is. 

I’m glad you are a fan of soccer 

It means nothing to me

truthfully Raleigh. Cary. Chapel Hill are soccer hot beds and it would have been better if the owner of the hurricanes made the investment in pro soccer 

he knows how to run a franchise and if MLB  comes to the Triangle, bad news for the Durham Bulls but that MLB team will be supported 

for me, watching what  Tepper has done TO THE PANTHERS is putrid 

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

I’m glad you are a fan of soccer 

It means nothing to me

truthfully Raleigh. Cary. Chapel Hill are soccer hot beds and it would have been better if the owner of the hurricanes made the investment in pro soccer 

he knows how to run a franchise and if MLB  comes to the Triangle, bad news for the Durham Bulls but that MLB team will be supported 

for me, watching what  Tepper has done TO THE PANTHERS is putrid 

I'm trying to tell you that as a fan of both the Panthers and CLTFC, I can see clearly which team Tepper favors, and unfortunately that team is the Panthers. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, The Lobo said:

Cares more about his soccer team than football. Clown 

Then he would be having them do better than the terrible product out on the pitch each week. 

Both of his teams are trash, and he's the common factor. 

Can he just sell? Or can he move them and we get new franchises? 

3 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

Yeah, awesome facility.  Tepper also took all the fields there from the charter school thats next door and now the kids dont have anywhere for recess and gym.   I mean he bought land there big enough for 3 soccer fields ext to the facility, sodded it and fenced it in which the FC uses for practice.  (its pretty damn sweet)  But I guess its not enough b/c he got the landlord (Levines) to take away access to the fields on the other side of the school so his soccer team can use it whenever they want... screw the kids!!  

Tepper sure is a swell guy. 

He literally owns zero land there. Levine owns every acre. 

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Correct me if I'm wrong Soccer watchers, but didn't Tepper fire a coach who was overachieving in the middle of the season out of nowhere?

Not really. He was meh. Not hideous, but not really tearing it up. This year's coach has been a Reich like hire IMO. Just uninspiring and gross. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Correct me if I'm wrong Soccer watchers, but didn't Tepper fire a coach who was overachieving in the middle of the season out of nowhere?

Actually the players were about to revolt because he was an asshole. Soccer is weird that way, you can’t be a Bill Belichick type and expect players to listen to you.