• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McDaniel: Bryce is a baller with a bright future

NAS

12 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Pass across the middle does not equal a 15 yard out. 

That last play of preseason where he threw the TD to AT looked like a 15 yard out and it was pretty damn accurate.  I don't recall seeing too many ran during the reason season in general.

1 hour ago, NAS said:

I hope this isn't just coach speak, Mike McDaniel on Bryce Young

"Baller with a bright future.  He's one of the few young quarterbacks you see coming out that see defenders when operating as a quarterback - his vision is uncanny and his timing and rhythm to the game, you see he's going to be a very good player in this league. There's nothing more difficult than rookie starting QB, in that process you learn live speed.  what I see is a guy who is showing his talent..uncanny in the pocket when he moves.. getting better at extending plays, throws a very catchable ball that leads to YAC. ..

13:44 for those that don't want to search the whole video like I did because OP couldn't be bothered to say where it was.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That last play of preseason where he threw the TD to AT looked like a 15 yard out and it was pretty damn accurate.  I don't recall seeing too many ran during the reason season in general.

your example is from 6 games ago?  Damn thats not helping his case

edit to say:  just watched said throw and that is a damn wounded duck floater

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It's the one that JT was pretty high one.  Great anticipation, threw it to exactly where AT (or number 19 as he called him) was going to be and led him perfectly in the hands.  It's funny The Huddle was pretty excited about it at the time.  Now you are down on Young so you are seeing the exact play in a different light.  

41 minutes ago, RJK said:

What’s he supposed to say? Bryce stinks and we’re gonna hang 80 on them? 

38 minutes ago, frankw said:

What else is he supposed to say? Did someone think he was going to mock us for saying no thanks to CJ Stroud? He's a good coach and he's right Bryce has plenty of talent. But smoke is smoke. Hopefully we don't get taken to the woodshed.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Lol because they always say terrible things about opposing players before games.

Let's see what is dial up for Bryce in game and that will tell you what he really thinks about him. 

These cats clearly haven't seen another McDaniel presser. "What am I supposed to say in this situation?" has literally never crossed that man's mind.

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You called this pass at 1:57 a wounded duck floater? 

I hope you're joking even though I know you're not. You continue to prove you actually dont know poo about football and one of the worst posters on this entire message board if that was the pass you referenced as a wounded duck floater. It was a spiral that would have hit Thielen in the face 20 yards downfield. Lol.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Captroop said:

These cats clearly haven't seen another McDaniel presser. "What am I supposed to say in this situation?" has literally never crossed that man's mind.

I really like him as a HC.  He is weird as hell, but knows his poo.  I'm pretty jealous....

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr Mojo Risin said:

You called this pass at 1:57 a wounded duck floater? I hope you're joking even though I know you're not. You continue to prove you actually dont know poo about football and one of the worst posters on this entire message board if that was the pass you referenced as a wounded duck floater. It was a spiral that would have hit Thielen in the face 20 yards downfield. Lol.

I think he is broken.  He hinted at someone being on meth for saying most QBs need talent around them to be successful.  

• Flames 2

I really like McDaniel, but I think this is just pre-game fluff.  Literally almost everything he cited, Bryce has actually demonstrated the opposite in games.  

Maybe he's talking about him from a perspective of what he sees as strengths that he feels Bryce possesses that he knows he could utilize if he was coaching him?  In that case, I understand him seeing things that we haven't.  But idk...

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Any coach worth his salt knows how to compliment opposing talent leading up to a game. Rest assured he and his staff have watched the film on Bryce Young and they have got to be licking their chops over this matchup.

• Pie 1