• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce the Only rookie QB to be making adjustments at the line so far. Panthers plan on dialing it back

ncfan

18 hours ago, Waldo said:

Lisa Kudrow What GIF by The Comeback HBO

So we went from vanilla preseason to him making adjustments on the line that is just getting taken away in week 6 at 0-5? WTF came up with this process? What have they seen the first 5 weeks that leads them to believe they shouldn't be treating him like a normal rookie? Were they not already dialing it back down and they left this in there?

This should have been done week 2 or week 3 at the latest. It really is worse this year and I don't understand how anything can be worse than the Rhule stuff. Just wow 

This is why I think this staff is failing Bryce. They are overestimating his readiness and putting too much on his plate. He plays slow because he is thinking too much, when they went no huddle he played better because he didn't need to process too much presnap. Just see the WR and sling it. 

18 hours ago, Varking said:

With the game on the line, Ryans and Slowik put the play-calling duties in the hands of their rookie quarterback, and he manipulated the Falcons defenders perfectly to find tight end Dalton Schultz running up the seams for an 18-yard touchdown.

“Me and Bobby had a conversation on the sideline about a certain route that we wanted to do,” said Stroud on Wednesday. “We didn’t have it in at practice. I told Dalton to do a certain thing in his route that I thought would not only get us a first down but a touchdown. We were on the same page, but I was literally trying to break down exactly what I wanted from him in the huddle. At first I don’t think it registered, but then he said, ‘Okay, I get it.’

“Dalton is really smart and made a hell of a route. I was just being instinctive and putting my guys in the best position to make plays and win games and in that instance it was really special and Bobby was really happy on the sideline. He [Slowik] was a part of that too when I was talking on the sideline about doing it and he said, ‘If you are feeling it, just go ahead and make a play.’”

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/11/c-j-stroud-texans-final-offensive-drive-falcons/

Stroud got the exact look he wanted and was telling the TE to run a route they weren’t even practicing while in the huddle and it resulted in the go ahead touchdown to put them up. Sure it’s not an audible once they got to the line but that’s because he knew the defense. 

But it also pretty sure I’ve seen Stroud and AR change plays up and audible out of bad spots. Not sure where this article is coming from. 

Cam said it best in one of his interviews about the staff asking the QB what he wanted and what he felt comfortable with. That's when Cam really took off and played at MVP level in 2015.  It seems like Reich is trying to make Bryce fit his scheme and not the other way around. 

14 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

This is why I think this staff is failing Bryce. They are overestimating his readiness and putting too much on his plate. He plays slow because he is thinking too much, when they went no huddle he played better because he didn't need to process too much presnap. Just see the WR and sling it. 

I have no idea how they can get so much wrong. It is so bad that all I see is failure across the board. Bryce not being able to play any pro formations do not help. Or the long drop backs. This could help with him holding the ball too long but why they didn't just start with a quick passing game and not stuff that takes too long to develop is beyond me.

I seriously am not convinced he can see enough in the NFL. Not his brain but his eyes. He escapability did not translate to the NFL they wayany have hoped for. I just don't know how to overcome that combo of hurdles. We could do some power running with this line but not out of shotgun. It's a mess

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

when do you think we get our first win?

When we have the stretch after the bye of QBs we passed on, one of those games is asking for the opposing QB to have a bad week and we step up for the W. 

Houston at home

Indi at home

at Chicago

That’s where we start winning. Houston and Chicago should be the most winnable. Stroud is due for a rookie dud and Chicago doesn’t play any defense. Indi with Minshew might be tough for us.