• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

Frank9999

Just now, Frank9999 said:
2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Thank you! I cheer for the kid every Sunday. When he flashes I point out when I think he’s doing well. When he isn’t doing well I point it out. This false narrative about not giving him a fair shot through 4 games ( 5 but he missed one already ) only because you wanted Stroud is 

You hit submit too early. 

45 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

And let me add that there are a lot of people who didnt want him and are taking this chance to trash him even if its just after 4 games 

There are some coaches on this team who will more than likely be head coaches one day. Frank is doing them a disservice by his inability to lead and inspire these players to maximize what talent they have. I honestly wish he would step away and let Thomas Brown or Evero coach this team. 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Bruh he made this adjustment before they even got to the line to snap. He KNEW what the defense was doing before they even lined up. 

That's true he did but he did it one time out of how many snaps in 5 games? That's great he was able to do that and execute it for a TD but lets not act like this is what he's been doing since the first game and every snap thereafter. It was one play.

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I’m on record not calling him a bust and saying he needs two full seasons to be fully judged. However, that doesn’t absolve him of judgement for what he has put out there in games so far. 

I should have been more specific and less vague. He def deserves criticism when playing bad. But he also made good plays last week that no one brings up because we basically got killed. I am mostly talking about the people already saying we made the wrong pick its too early to say that imo.  

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr Mojo Risin said:

That's true he did but he did it one time out of how many snaps in 5 games? That's great he was able to do that and execute it for a TD but lets not act like this is what he's been doing since the first game and every snap thereafter. It was one play.

Have any of us watched his film to know how frequently he has done something like this? Has anyone watched the film to see how many times they have audibled at the line? Let’s not act like we know what’s going on more than we do. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Another lol

You think that's the only time he's done that?

• Pie 1

Just now, Frank9999 said:

I should have been more specific and less vague. He def deserves criticism when playing bad. But he also made good plays last week that no one brings up because we basically got killed. I am mostly talking about the people already saying we made the wrong pick its too early to say that imo.  

Are you not in the game day threads? We talked about things he did well in the fourth quarter. Some folks just put it under the blanket of it being “prevent” defense but others were happy progress was made period. I know I said I’m more comfortable with Bryce after last game. 

1 hour ago, Frank9999 said:

Yea and I get it. We all thought theyd be way better and people thought Bryce wouldnt play like a rookie. And people are just sick of losing. 

The problem is seeing how much better Stroud is doing. The argument that he’s in a better situation doesn’t fly because the Texans had the 2nd worst record last year and most people still could not name a WR on that team.  Another issue is the laterals and 2 yard passes im plus he doesn’t have the arm strength to throw the deep ball. 

Edited by Camp Fodder
Changed sentence

1 hour ago, Frank9999 said:

Dont deflect what? bryce has played like a rookie. Hes had some really good flashes. cj stroud isnt being asked to do nearly as much as Bryce and its a fact. 

I've said this before but as it stands now, Bryce is on pace for 65% completion, 3000 passing yards, 20 TDs and 16 INTs.  Which, under any other normal circumstances would be a really really good rookie season for any QB.  Also, I think he will end up even more productive than that, as his overall numbers have improved each game he has played.  I think he will end up around 63-65%, 3300-3500 yards, 25-27 TDs and 16 or so picks.  Bryce is gonna be just fine.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

I've said this before but as it stands now, Bryce is on pace for 65% completion, 3000 passing yards, 20 TDs and 16 INTs.  Which, under any other normal circumstances would be a really really good rookie season for any QB.  Also, I think he will end up even more productive than that, as his overall numbers have improved each game he has played.  I think he will end up around 63-65%, 3300-3500 yards, 25-27 TDs and 16 or so picks.  Bryce is gonna be just fine.  

If he can get to 3500 yards and 25-27 TDs passing nobody will care about the picks. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Bryce has been bashed more in six months here probably than Teddy, Phillip, Sam and Baker put together. 

This is an incredibly ridiculous assertion to make, especially because it is so very untrue. Bryce is taking some undue heat due to expectations that were set beyond his control, but the dude has not played well and is getting called on it just like the QBs you listed. Maybe no lt fair but it wasn't particularly fair to any of them.