• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

Frank9999

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Well to your credit you have always qualified it with "on paper" or "going into the season".  But there's literally no other point in bringing all of that up other than to be arguing that we have similar supporting casts, unless I'm missing something.  Are you denying that that's what you're doing in these quotes?  It would appear to me at least, that you're doing the same exact thing I'm arguing against - opting to evaluate their supporting casts "on paper" rather than evaluating them on the field this season.  And this is all in the context of arguing against people who are partially excusing Bryce's poor start to the season because of his weak supporting cast.  I'll lay out the scene below...and for simplicity's sake, I'll just go ahead and cast you and I as the lead actors:

Me: "Of course Bryce has been playing bad...his o-line and receivers are awful"

You: "Well Stroud's o-line and receivers suck too...but he's still playing great.  Much better than Bryce."

Me: "His o-line and receivers haven't been nearly as bad as Bryce's"

And that's the point where we'd basically be inserting your quotes above.

Not ignoring you. Picking up my kid from school and then back to work. Will double back to this in a few hours. 

29 minutes ago, Varking said:

Not ignoring you. Picking up my kid from school and then back to work. Will double back to this in a few hours. 

It's all good, tbh I probably won't read it (or at least respond to it) until Monday anyways.  I tend to treat the Huddle like a M-F 9-5 job to pass some downtime at my actual M-F 9-5 job.  I don't usually spend a lot of my personal time on here besides maybe a little browsing here and there.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, ECHornet said:

“Doesn’t change the fact that Stroud has thoroughly outplayed Bryce the entire season. Bryce isn’t even mentioned in ROTY conversations. Plus, he’s short.”

-Huddle Stroud Bros (probably)

Comparing Bryce to Stroud at this point is like comparing your son to your neighbors son who came in first place in a track meet while your son came in 2nd or third. Are you going to wish that you had their son instead of yours? Bryce is our QB and nothing is going to change that, at this time it's all about how you're going to support and help your son/Bryce achieve greatness. 

6 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Comparing Bryce to Stroud at this point is like comparing your son to your neighbors son who came in first place in a track meet while your son came in 2nd or third. Are you going to wish that you had their son instead of yours? Bryce is our QB and nothing is going to change that, at this time it's all about how you're going to support and help your son/Bryce achieve greatness. 

I’m with you, but many posters here would certainly commence to wishing their neighbor’s son was theirs. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

To be fair, CJ Stroud has a elite physical tools. Bryce doesn't. We drafted Bryce because we thought he was capable of doing a lot more mentally before the snap with adjustments and after the snap with processing that CJ Stroud and Anthony Richardson were. Early on it isn't looking like a smart bet.

Can you unban my account kind sir. I don't think my opinion differs from most here.

• Poo 1