• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

Frank9999

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

It’s honestly wild to think an NFL team with their own doctors, scouts, full medical staff, etc. would be duped by a player drinking water before the combine. It’s ridiculous. That boy had a full medical evaluation. They saw his breakfast as it was digesting in his stomach. They traded up to stake their careers on a player. They had an unfathomable amount of information more than we have access to. And people think they didn’t know his weight? If they wanted to they would put him on a scale at the dinner table. But they didn’t need to because they had the information. I can’t believe we’re still talking about this.

I don’t think our team didn’t know what he weighed. Water weight isn’t just drinking water, it’s adding quick temporary weight over a short time frame that’s fairly easy to shed. I think it was a good way to calm down the media about his overall size. I don’t think his playing weight is the same as Russ Wilson’s who has an inch on him as well. We obviously didn’t think it was an issue, but the whole thing was weird and would like 5 seconds to prove wrong. I don’t care either way but the subject at hand was literally the combine and I’m stating the weight was more of a concern than not throwing from my perspective. 

8 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

It’s honestly wild to think an NFL team with their own doctors, scouts, full medical staff, etc. would be duped by a player drinking water before the combine. It’s ridiculous. That boy had a full medical evaluation. They saw his breakfast as it was digesting in his stomach. They traded up to stake their careers on a player. They had an unfathomable amount of information more than we have access to. And people think they didn’t know his weight? If they wanted to they would put him on a scale at the dinner table. But they didn’t need to because they had the information. I can’t believe we’re still talking about this.

You really think he is 204?

Bryce Young is officially the most overrated player on this team. Just let the kid go out and ball or fall on his face. There is not a lot to defend on this team right now and there is a lot to criticize, way too much. If you don't like that then I just don't know what else you expect at this point. If the criticism is fair than it's not hate but reality. 

Edited by Waldo

25 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Not throwing isn’t anything that crazy. Many busts and good QBs didn’t. Burrow, Stafford, Matt Ryan, Teddy, Manziel, Derek Carr, Bradford, RG3, Tannehill, The Golden Calf of Bristol, Bradford, Quinn, Jamarcus, Gabbert, Kyler Murray etc (I’m pulling this from Reddit so it could be off). Scouts get a better look up close at the Pro Days.
My biggest concern was Young only weighing in and then not weighing in on his Pro Day when he was throwing. It gave some validity to his putting on some water weight just for the combine. Simply stepping on a scale during his Pro Day could have easily settled those concerns. Plus Stroud, AR, and Levis have cannons. Throwing behind them would do nothing but hurt his stock. 

At this point we know his playing weight is well under 200 even his most outspoken advocates have given up that fight.

Well see the not throwing at the combine thing alone isn't the issue it is that it's magnified when paired with the unfortunate reality that so far in his NFL career out of all those QB's you mentioned he's probably only on par with Bridgewater in arm strength. Is that all he is going to be? I can't say. But I very much hope we can boost his confidence and get him at least trying to keep defenses honest. This Miami game is going to tell us a lot about what teams think of his arm.

6 minutes ago, GOAT said:

imagine pooing this post lmfao 😂 @Stingray3030

That's what we've been dealing with all along and why these complaints about "haters" are falling on deaf ears for many. Back before the draft I had one poster in particular with a Bryce Young avatar who would spend their day digging through posts I made that they deemed too critical spamming poo reactions. They rarely post now. Go figure.

18 minutes ago, frankw said:

At this point we know his playing weight is well under 200 even his most outspoken advocates have given up that fight.

Well see the not throwing at the combine thing alone isn't the issue it is that it's magnified when paired with the unfortunate reality that so far in his NFL career out of all those QB's you mentioned he's probably only on par with Bridgewater in arm strength. Is that all he is going to be? I can't say. But I very much hope we can boost his confidence and get him at least trying to keep defenses honest. This Miami game is going to tell us a lot about what teams think of his arm.

Russell and Stafford have Cannons. I think Burrow’s arm is a good comparison. Remember he tweaked his motion after his rookie year to add some velocity. I could see Young doing similar plus adding some muscle mass. 

21 minutes ago, frankw said:

No really he is 205, seriously

F7IB_TWX0AQ-r5V?format=jpg&name=medium

54 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Russell and Stafford have Cannons. I think Burrow’s arm is a good comparison. Remember he tweaked his motion after his rookie year to add some velocity. I could see Young doing similar plus adding some muscle mass. 

ForJimmy you know I like you brother but if Bryce Young's arm were the same level as Burrow we wouldn't be having some of these uncomfortable conversations. Can he get there someday? Hey I hope.

• Pie 2