• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer’s “first real offseason”

ncfan

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If you are just replacing him with a clone then keep him until tepper gives up. No yes man coming here is going to do better when Tepper is in chage of the yes part. Until Tepper is thoroughly embarrassed and exhausted by losing there is no real reason for hope. That is just guaranteed hearbreak.

I mean whoever our GM is they’re going to be part yes man but maybe the next guy can hit on 25% of the decisions he’s being paid to make. Fitterer has hit on literally 0

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I mean whoever our GM is they’re going to be part yes man but maybe the next guy can hit on 25% of the decisions he’s being paid to make. Fitterer has hit on literally 0

I don't even have that much hope left. The guys Tepper would hire are not likely to do any better IMO, it's his MO that craps the bed for me. Hell we could do worse.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

For every small plus there are multiple huge negatives. Old coached up guy in his twilight years in the NFL. Throw in Dalton lol. Look at the younger guys he considers buildable peices to the roster. It's so bad.

The only real question is he just terrible or is he just doing whatever he is told?

Under Tepper/Rhule I thought it was a bit of both maybe leaning to what he’s told under Tepper/Reich both have been confirmed. 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, AceMan said:

The Miles Sanders signing alone should get Fitt fired TODAY

I agree. It shows complete and utter ignorance on roster building. This off-season was literally about RBs and how they are getting stiffed and not paid at all. The elite RBs are being forced to take  franchise tags. Along comes Fitterer who signs a 4 year deal for the highest FA RB money to a guy who benefited from being on a great team, which realized they could replace him for pennies on the dollar and did.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If you are just replacing him with a clone then keep him until tepper gives up. No yes man coming here is going to do better when Tepper is in chage of the yes part. Until Tepper is thoroughly embarrassed and exhausted by losing there is no real reason for hope. That is just guaranteed hearbreak.

...the word is prolly out that tipper is an ahole.... what respectable talented coach and gm would want to come here. Pretty low odds of attracting someone really worth a  damn...

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

...the word is prolly out that tipper is an ahole.... what respectable talented coach and gm would want to come here. Pretty low odds of attracting someone really worth a  damn...

Better chances of winning the lotto.

Even if a good candidate wanted to work here Tepper has ketchup on steak taste and that is what Fritterer is, ketchup on a 2 billion dollar steak that has started to rot.

Edut: maybe the is worse to me because ketchup is similar to paint in taste. Crap just taste like chemicals and low quality products to me.

Edited by Waldo

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I agree. It shows complete and utter ignorance on roster building. This off-season was literally about RBs and how they are getting stiffed and not paid at all. The elite RBs are being forced to take  franchise tags. Along comes Fitterer who signs a 4 year deal for the highest FA RB money to a guy who benefited from being on a great team, which realized they could replace him for pennies on the dollar and did.

And then the Eagles replace Miles with Swift for pennies

• Pie 1

My patience with Fitt was wearing thin going into this year....but my god declining the Burns trade to the Rams, the DJ Johnson trade, and the Sanders signing are some of the worst decisions I've seen. 

It's weird because on paper, the signings this offseason "seemed" good. Hurst, Von Bell, Justin Houston, Thielen, Chark...they were all pretty widely agreed on to be good signings. But they haven't worked out. 

Not sure if it's just Fitt not realizing what schemes the coaches are implementing because everyone but Thielen seems like they are playing out of position.

With Hurney and Gettleman it always seemed like we made horrible offseason signings who would occasionally outplay themselves. But with Fitt, they always underperform

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

He still has his supporters in here who are now on a it’s all Tepper or Tepper’s wife’s fault movement. He’s been terrible since day 1. I have no doubt Rhule was influential on decisions but those crappy reaches with trade ups and terrible signings while wasting money have carried on without Rhule.

Dude has single handedly traded away almost two drafts of value plus CMC/Moore for Young, CJ, DJ Johnson, Corral, Darnold and Baker. He just didn’t want to get 3 firsts and 1 second last year for Moore and Burns. SMH. 

I was one of them until this offseason. I thought Rhule was a big part of these draft picks. Then he goes and does the same stupid poo he did last year. He needs to be gone, now. It's just like Rhule last year. 5 games in and the poo is so bad we just need to fuging get it over with. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

...shows you if you build the lines you can plug and play....especially at RB...

Dallas showed that years ago when their line was the most elite in the NFL. Any RB they put in that system became gold. I don't know why Fitts didn't understand this. Philly took Gainwell and made him look like a RB1 in the playoffs.