• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If there was a re draft when would Young be taken?

Shotgun

If there was a re draft when would Young be taken?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a re draft when would Young be taken?

• #2-#5
    • Not in the top 10
    • Not in the first round

11 hours ago, recceice said:

A lot of opinion with no facts.. We don’t know what Bryce weights right now and yes I refuse to quibble over 2 inches being that big of a difference…

And you can miss me with all that “my man “ poo.. I’m a panther fan and he is a panther player now.. I will support him as long as he represents that jersey.. If you’re a panthers fan he is your QB now so deal with it..

1st, not my job to deal with it. it is their job, and I am complaining about dereliction of common sense in gambling. Lol.

Anyhow, no he will only get on scales after ballooning himself up and everyone knows that is what he did. You can look at him on the field and at Alabama (finally, a still relevant use for his college tape ha).

It really is disingenuous to pretend you do think he weighs close to 209, or not 184 or maybe okay 186, he is factually freaking smaller than Brees. By a percentage and that is going to stay relative. 

It is a totally valid point and it doesn't fit what you want things to be. That's about it.

Next there is nothing that says to be a fan a person has to blindly blindly praise what is looking like a clusterfug of the highest order. I am not emotionally attached to this player, so many seem to be. 

"as long as he wears that jersey". How noble of you. Does TMJ or Icky or Sanders, or CJ or Fitt or Reich, or any other underperforming Panther get the same pledge?

And the 2" it may or may not have been noted that I only made mention of the height difference and did not extrapolate but it is definitely there and it is definitely a fact that Young is not a one to one comp with Drew Brees. It's not that close and if you would open your mind and look at what I am trying to illustrate, it could be helpful. 

And please do go ahead and define that as my opinion, if that makes you feel better. 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Pie 1

12 hours ago, stratocatter said:

1st, not my job to deal with it. it is their job, and I am complaining about dereliction of common sense in gambling. Lol.

Anyhow, no he will only get on scales after ballooning himself up and everyone knows that is what he did. You can look at him on the field and at Alabama (finally, a still relevant use for his college tape ha).

It really is disingenuous to pretend you do think he weighs close to 209, or not 184 or maybe okay 186, he is factually freaking smaller than Brees. By a percentage and that is going to stay relative. 

It is a totally valid point and it doesn't fit what you want things to be. That's about it.

Next there is nothing that says to be a fan a person has to blindly blindly praise what is looking like a clusterfug of the highest order. I am not emotionally attached to this player, so many seem to be. 

"as long as he wears that jersey". How noble of you. Does TMJ or Icky or Sanders, or CJ or Fitt or Reich, or any other underperforming Panther get the same pledge?

And the 2" it may or may not have been noted that I only made mention of the height difference and did not extrapolate but it is definitely there and it is definitely a fact that Young is not a one to one comp with Drew Brees. It's not that close and if you would open your mind and look at what I am trying to illustrate, it could be helpful. 

And please do go ahead and define that as my opinion, if that makes you feel better. 

Lol.. 

Im not spending 3 paragraphs to quibble about weight we don’t know and 2 inches.. 

You don’t think Brees and BY are comparable in size.. Okay I do.. 

Agree to disagree..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmmmm,, this might be an “apples and oranges” kind of question.  This question could easily be reworded as, “if I knew then what I know now.”  The problem is there is no way to know back then.

I do have a question however, I would like to know what factors went into the decision to draft young?  What criteria did they use?in other words, why did they make the decision to draft young in the first place, other than some of the other quarterback talent.

did they take the time and effort to compare young with the other quarterback candidates or did they draft young because he was a product of Alabama.