• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School - Bryce Young vs Miami

Coheed

8 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

Let me get this straight. Someone posts a clip of probably the most respected football analyst right now reviewing Bryce’s film. In this video he gushes over his accuracy on multiple throws, his anticipation, even his arm strength on a deep out. GUSHES over a couple instances of Bryce throwing completely covered receivers open. 

And your response is he looks like Teddy Bridgewater, where’s the deep ball, he’s too conservative. anyone who disagrees with me keep on coping.

No buddy, people who love and understand the game of football see he is CLEARLY improving week by week, and looks like he can be a very good player in the future. You don’t want to see any of that though, you just want everyone else to be miserable with you.

I wasn't just talking about how Bryce was playing. I was also talking about the forum vibes.

Just now, CRA said:

Tua has a fantastic young and inventive HC.  Tua has the fastest WR/RB skill talent in the NFL and that features arguably the best WR on the NFL and the biggest coverage influencer at the position.  It’s just not Tua working hard on improving.  It takes a village.  And we are largely a deserted village. 

Counterpoint: Sean McVay, a guy who was all of that eventually moved on from Jared Goff, and look at him now.

That last point is true. Like deep down in all of our guts, no matter what side you're on you know we'll find a way to Panthers this situation.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Rags said:

The mock the organization that sold you that crock, sure. But many of us have accepted what this team is in reality: A team lacking talent and an identity, with a young QB we have to build around. 

My concern is that Bryce is so far lookng like the type of QB that is going to need an ideal supporting cast and system. That's going to be hard to create and definitely not what you're looking for when you make that type of trade.

30 minutes ago, frankw said:

In the first quarter absolutely he looked like a competent starting QB and showed off some nice passes. He has the necessary zip within 20 yards. That's what we've been waiting to see. But it's beyond that mark where these discussions turn sour because nobody likes talking about it. There are some throws still that just aren't his forte. Maybe it will come with time maybe it's a couple of combined factors within our not adequate offense. The second half concerns me and it's tough to spend a bye week with that as our final images. But we have a new playcaller and a home game. There's a lot at stake in this Texans game beyond the head to head between the #1 and #2 pick. I'd like to see sustained drives and a few 30+ yard completions at minimum. Hopefully the oline is up to the task.

To me it’s just all a timing issue. Every deep throw has been him overthrowing guys. Some have been straight missed by him, some have been pass interference that hasn’t been called, and some have been poor protection. 

The problem is that we just haven’t had a lot of opportunities to throw it deep so every miss gets out under a microscope 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Jesus, that hit at 8:40 blasted Bryce up and back off his feet. Dude is a featherweight

NOTE: For all the oversensitive Bryce protectors out there, this is not a barb. It's just an observation and is what it is.

That hit was disgusting. Also on Bryce for not ever looking right. Nobody can take many hits like that 

3 minutes ago, Rags said:

Counterpoint: Sean McVay, a guy who was all of that eventually moved on from Jared Goff, and look at him now.

That last point is true. Like deep down in all of our guts, no matter what side you're on you know we'll find a way to Panthers this situation.

Goff was multi Pro Bowl/SB QB with the Rams.   It’s not like Goff suddenly got good though.  

I consider him like Reid moving on from Alex Smith.   A really solid QB.  Team just wanted even more.   That’s not a world we can understand. 

3 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

That hit was disgusting. Also on Bryce for not ever looking right. Nobody can take many hits like that 

Super clean hit... I think he went 5-6 feet through the air. I agree with JT's points on how the protection, the route reads, Bryce's eyes, any/all of those failed in that situation.

6 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

To me it’s just all a timing issue. Every deep throw has been him overthrowing guys. Some have been straight missed by him, some have been pass interference that hasn’t been called, and some have been poor protection. 

The problem is that we just haven’t had a lot of opportunities to throw it deep so every miss gets out under a microscope 

Screenshot_20231017-180306.thumb.png.959940713d29397cafe4d3040c7f8511.png

4/7 on 20+ yard passes.

Bryce has the same number of 20+ yard attempts in 5 games.

Screenshot_20231017-180457.thumb.png.39c4cce5250b10e22cf38fcbe2eb1a77.png

That's not an attempt to troll. I'm just pointing out that a change at QB produced a passing game that looked entirely different even though the OL struggled mightily per usual.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Goff was multi Pro Bowl/SB QB with the Rams.   It’s not like Goff suddenly got good though.  

I consider him like Reid moving on from Alex Smith.   A really solid QB.  Team just wanted even more.   That’s not a world we can understand. 

Each wanted to win the SB and each did. Sorta like John Fox, good enough to get you there, but can not pull off the big win.  

Goff has been the best QB in the last 17 games- only thrown like 4 ints, 30 TDs, and 4,500 yards. 

But has he found the magic stuff to win the SB, idk....

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

Super clean hit... I think he went 5-6 feet through the air. I agree with JT's points on how the protection, the route reads, Bryce's eyes, any/all of those failed in that situation.

Yeah he got all of him lol 

hopefully you get hit that hard once then learn to never ignore that protection slide again 

3 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

A revolving door oline and wr's that can't get any separation are really retarding his development. Ikey surprises me by getting destroyed on occasional plays. Not beat but destroyed.

He excelled last year in a more power run oriented offense. I just don't know that he's the right style of LT in our current offense. He's probably always going to be more of a power oriented player. We just have square pegs in round holes all over this roster IMO.