• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seriously, do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?

LinvilleGorge

Do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly the way I see it there seems to be a lot of folks who really bristle at encountering any differing opinion. When they do, that's all they can focus on. The thread is derailed. OMG, someone dared voice a differing opinion. I'm appalled. Then they complain for pages on end about how the thread has been derailed.... while actually actively derailing the thread.

Newsflash, but it's possible for two reasonable people to watch the same exact thing and come away with differing opinions. And that's okay. What would be the point of a discussion if everyone agreed?

What if it’s someone not reasonable? @mrcompletely11called me a Neanderthal yesterday because I said it’s encouraging other posters are coming around on seeing week to week improvement with Bryce. 

this is a rhetorical btw, I don’t think anything needs to be done, I gave my snarky remark to him then went about my day. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in acting like this is coming from only one side of ppl on this board. Especially when it’s mods fanning the flames 

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

What if it’s someone not reasonable? @mrcompletely11called me a Neanderthal yesterday because I said it’s encouraging other posters are coming around on seeing week to week improvement with Bryce. 

this is a rhetorical btw, I don’t think anything needs to be done, I gave my snarky remark to him then went about my day. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in acting like this is coming from only one side of ppl on this board. Especially when it’s mods fanning the flames 

I only see reported posts and constant complaints about the forum from one side of the fray.

7 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

to be fair I called your take neanderthal not you

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I only see reported posts and constant complaints about the forum from one side of the fray.

So the people getting reported aren’t reporting others? That kind of makes sense right? If someone is doing something wrong you wouldn’t think they would be the ones reporting others. For the record I’ve reported zero people on this site because it’s a message board and should be taken pretty lightly. 

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So the people getting reported aren’t reporting others? That kind of makes sense right? If someone is doing something wrong you wouldn’t think they would be the ones reporting others. For the record I’ve reported zero people on this site because it’s a message board and should be taken pretty lightly. 

I see plenty of poo posts from both sides. My point is that if you can't take it don't dish it out. The vast majority of reported posts come from the same handful of posters and most just get ignored. Just the truth.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I see plenty of poo posts from both sides. My point is that if you can't take it don't dish it out. The vast majority of reported posts come from the same handful of posters and most just get ignored. Just the truth.

Yeah if someone is dishing it out you can’t run to the mods when it comes back. That makes sense to me. Again I don’t understand the reporting unless it’s something ridiculous. If a poster is annoying enough the mods usually find them on their own from my experience. 

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah if someone is dishing it out you can’t run to the mods when it comes back. That makes sense to me. Again I don’t understand the reporting unless it’s something ridiculous. If a poster is annoying enough the mods usually find them on their own from my experience. 

You have to be a truly exceptional poo poster to get banned for anything non-egregious.

• Pie 1

I've been a regular poster on this forum for many, many years but is has gotten to the point where every single thread is destroyed by negative posters one after another.  I used to come on this forum every day to get news and great discussion about our team. These days it is frustrating to see post after post of negativity.  You don't have to agree with a thread and still have productive discussion. 

Yeah, we're having a terrible season and I really thought we would be competitive, but the truth is we are in rebuild mode.  New schemes offensively and defensively, a new rookie QB and some players that cannot step up into starter roles.  We are starving for something positive, and I get that but destroying each thread just to destroy it isn't productive. 

I voted for but even if you do post something positive it will only take a couple comments before it is derailed by arguments and attacks.  

The days of a great forum are well behind us. 

11 hours ago, CRA said:

huddle going to huddle. 

my favorite part of the huddle is when people suddenly act like it used to be different in the good old days.  In the good old days you could find people ripping Peppers to shreds for his play, moaning about every pick, contract, and as spirited of debates as you could find on every QB from Matt Moore to Jake Delhomme.    

and the reverse was also true.  You could find idiots like me pimping Dwayne Jarrett even past the point of embarrassment.  POSITIVITY!  He just needs more opportunity!!!!

Very true. This place, always, has been a place where you might make it through a couple of pages and then it devolves into a shitfest. Really, I used to only open short threads. 

This deal about the Huddle was a model forum of fanhood discussion is selective memory by people. Again. 

On 10/18/2023 at 8:25 PM, dave-o said:

When your team is so bad you resort to bitchin' about bitchin' on a message board !!  Keep pounding !!

I am a fan of 2 teams (to keep my sanity).  The Detroit Lions are my other team, and I was born into that curse...I didn't choose that level of ineptitude of my own free will.

The Lions are winning now so there is a certain "vibe" to the message board.  But its important to remember that the Lions did not win a single game until Week 13 of the new regime.  They finished the season 3-3 to gain a little optimism, then went 1-6 to start the next season.  The message board was an absolute cesspool and the bumping of old threads was out of control.  If you posted that you would "give the staff a chance" after losing their first game you were called out for being a homer and "part of the problem."  The post showing the slightest bit of optimism or neutrality was bumped and ridiculed.  The negative posters took over the board, and they infected others.  All rational thought was gone.  Negative posters like to think they are the voice of reason, but they are not.  Especially during losing streaks.  If someone posted that they knew the staff was terrible because they tied their left shoe before their right shoe, their ridiculous assessment was bumped and praised.  "This guy was onto something, unlike you clueless homers.  You deserve this team."

To me a "positive only thread" isn't just about strawberries and rainbows.  Its to keep people's sanity and have constructive conversation of a certain nature.  Human nature is to throw the baby out with the bathwater.  So how do you talk about the fact that X player is actually playing well?  He may not be an impact player or leading to wins, but he's solid and doing things the right way.  During a losing streak where negativity takes over the board, you can't have that conversation.  It gets derailed immediately.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1