• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football Week 8

Shocker

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

McCollum looked like he was throwing the game last night, that’s how bad it was. J.J. Jones had some drops as well. And then the one catch I believe McCollum did make for a TD (it might have been Jones, my brain is foggy), Morales was in the backfield tackling his assignment negating the play.

Meanwhile Andre Greene and Gavin Blackwell are cozied up on the sideline waiting for an opportunity.

Not sure what the point of having 100 kids on a college team is if you don’t use them when you need them.

Carolina was so bad I wonder if the whole team was out partying Friday night.  This happens to every team eventually but the good ones win anyway.  Washington was extremely close to losing to a 1-5 team too.  It happens 

14 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Carolina was so bad I wonder if the whole team was out partying Friday night.  This happens to every team eventually but the good ones win anyway.  Washington was extremely close to losing to a 1-5 team too.  It happens 

We would've won anyway if McCollum hadn't dropped all the balls.

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Older dudes like Brock Purdy?  The older QB argument is completely bogus.  I used to buy into it too.  As long as the added years weren't due to major injuries, I'm fine drafting and 24 or 25 year-old QB.  I also bought into the the young phenom fallacy too.  QBs coming out early have struggled, the earlier they leave college, the more they struggle.  This is a REALLY seasoned QB class.  QBs probably have the longest shelf life of any position in football outside of special teams types.  So what if they are a couple of years older?  If they can play well into their mid-30's, those 'extra' years of college are actually beneficial.  I've come to realize that this game is too big for a 22-23 year old on the biggest stage at arguably the hardest position to play in all of sports.

Penix will be a solid NFL QB.  Nix, I'm not so sure, but I'd put him above mayo&coffee boy this year.  I haven't dug into much yet.  I usually start around Thanksgiving.  Just basing my early thoughts off of last draft's digging, but  that being said, this seems to be the class to get a QB.

Purdy wasn’t old when he got drafted so I don’t think that dispels my beliefs about older college QBs. There’s something to be said of SIX years of college experience for guys like Penix. 

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Purdy wasn’t old when he got drafted so I don’t think that dispels my beliefs about older college QBs. There’s something to be said of SIX years of college experience for guys like Penix. 

Yes, Penix has PLENTY experience.  As it's being shown, even savant wonder-kids have problems in the NFL because they don't have enough snaps before facing grown arse men. They may wow people on a white board, but when it comes to live fire, the only thing to aid that is more experience.

50 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Mack Brown is no longer HC material. This team simply didn't show up ready to play. Top 10 ranked team and you lose your 1st game to Virginia. Just flat out embarrassing.

It's easy to dunk on that old man but really UNC has never been poo outside of his time there so I think he deserves some level of respect.

UNC will never be a football power. They don't build for that. Mack got them as close as they will get.

This isn't a UNC specific jab. Almost all college football teams fit in this category.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's easy to dunk on that old man but really UNC has never been poo outside of his time there so I think he deserves some level of respect.

UNC will never be a football power. They don't build for that. Mack got them as close as they will get.

This isn't a UNC specific jab. Almost all college football teams fit in this category.

UNC can be a football power but that would require a shift from basketball. Despite what all the homers on here think, they do not have the resources to be a national power in both sports. Very few programs do. 

2 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

UNC can be a football power but that would require a shift from basketball. Despite what all the homers on here think, they do not have the resources to be a national power in both sports. Very few programs do. 

Who are you even a fan of? All you do on the college threads is shitty trolling attempts.

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I agree, Mac Brown has given Carolina its best stretches of football in my lifetime.  Personally, I hope they fire him. 

5 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

It isn't impossible. Remember that Florida won titles in football and basketball in close proximity. The issue is that it will always be tough when you are such a heavily one sport school. Look at Duke this year. That team is so fuging good. Look at the stands. It's embarrassing.