• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Josina Anderson "Panthers have had discussions about acquiring very notable WR"

TheSpecialJuan

15 minutes ago, joemac said:

Christ what would a trade for Justin freaking Jefferson look like? Wayyyyyy more than we can afford. Then he’s gonna get the biggest contract in WR history on top of that

The first and easy answer is that they won't trade him.

But for shits and giggles, a realistic trade for him would likely look something like Burns, 2025 1st, 2024 2nd, and maybe even another day 2 pick... and I'm not even sure that would get it done.

31 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

As much as they’d like to keep pass rusher Brian Burns long term, sources familiar with team owner David Tepper have told Yahoo Sports that the priority in the organization in the near-term is to use assets to help fortify the future of quarterback Bryce Young. What they’d like to do is acquire a nice young offensive piece to help Young (preferably a skill position player). That is going to come with cost. And that cost is listening to offers on Burns, who will carry a significant $11 million in salary cap load to any team that acquires him, as well as necessitating a contract extension.

Yahoo Sports senior NFL reporter Charles Robinson

@TheSpecialJuan is back and better than ever!

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

The first and easy answer is that they won't trade him.

But for shits and giggles, a realistic trade for him would likely look something like Burns, 2025 1st, 2024 2nd, and maybe even another day 2 pick... and I'm not even sure that would get it done.

Sold LOL

35 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

As much as they’d like to keep pass rusher Brian Burns long term, sources familiar with team owner David Tepper have told Yahoo Sports that the priority in the organization in the near-term is to use assets to help fortify the future of quarterback Bryce Young. What they’d like to do is acquire a nice young offensive piece to help Young (preferably a skill position player). That is going to come with cost. And that cost is listening to offers on Burns, who will carry a significant $11 million in salary cap load to any team that acquires him, as well as necessitating a contract extension.

Yahoo Sports senior NFL reporter Charles Robinson

I’d put good money on that source being David Tepper himself 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Sold LOL

haha yea, easy for us to say, but like I also said, not sure that would even get it done anyways.

I think to get it done we'd probably need a second 1st rounder in there, which while it actually might be "fair value" for a player like Jefferson, not sure I could ever justify two 1sts on top of Burns and another mid round pick or two for the honor of paying out the biggest WR contract in NFL history.

We just still have too many holes and would be better served trading Burns elsewhere and using that 2024 1st on a WR on a rookie deal.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

@tukafan21 if I made this comment you would be all over me. Keep that same "this ain't Madden" attitude for everyone else not just me.

Oh, you mean like right here where I clearly addressed the Smith suggestion in detail, about why it's both unrealistic right now but there is a small path to it being realistic in the offseason, with real-life reasons as to why that would be the case?

Edited by tukafan21

We have one real move. Put Mingo in positions to get targets and reps. Thielen is the guy you paid to get his fair share so ensure that occurs. Otherwise? Let Brown shape how the offense looks and operates and pray to God he tries to copy McVay and that he doesn't try to do some weird hybrid of McVay and Reich philosophy.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

We are fuging fools if we trade anything significant for a WR mid-season.

If you want to move Burns, I get that. It's probably inevitable anyway.

We shouldn't be net buyers.

Agreed.

This team stinks as is. No one single player is changing our outcome. Just wait and go all in for Tee Higgins in FA. 

This would be a desperation move. Then they get a overpriced WR and next is 'if we had OGs blah blah blah'. It also is a great example of how the roster was so poorly constructed since Tepper bought the team. 

Try coaching up the guys you have. If Brown doesn't come in and step up the run game while just doing more of the same then it won't matter whoever they could bring in. Get a cheaper backup OG and just run the ball better and maybe elevate that pass protect game to just sub-average and not turnstiles. Watching Tepper's ownership is like watching a 12 yo play Madden and go for it on every 4th down.