• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are the chances Burns gets traded before the trade deadline?

CamWhoaaCam

Since we all love to discuss Burns, what are the chances he is actually traded?

I see a lot of teams who could use him as an extra piece to get them over the hump. The closer we get to the trade deadline some contender might crack and offer us 2 1st for Burns.

Maybe wishful thinking but the best offers doesn't usually come until last minute.

With the crew in charge doing more of the same? No idea. They know he has value but with what they are looking for there might not be any options. I don't see them planinng for the long-term and just taking draft capital unfortunately. Flip a coin? 50/50

Just now, Rocky Davis said:

The return will decide this - two firsts may well get it done due to the state of the team and Spooderman wanting the Brinks truck backed up.  I'd say 69%.

I just hope someone other than Fitt is our GM if we do in fact trade Burns for picks before the deadline.

If Fitt is still GM those picks will be for nothing because that guy can't spot talent at all!

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Billy Goat said:

If someone offers a first and a day two pick then I think they'll trade him. Better to do that than pay him more than you think he's worth out of desperation, or for him to hold out if he's tagged.

I think if we keep Burns past the deadline that means Fitt is likely on his way out. No way they let Fitt make a deal if he isn't going to be here. 

That gives the new GM time to make a deal for Burns in the off-season or keep him on a decent deal.

If someone offers a 1st and a non-washed veteran starter OR 1st and other picks (2nd or a combination no lower than 4ths) then I'd still pull the trigger.

The hang up for me is the desired salary.  If Burns wanted to stay for higher than average edge salary, but not elite, then I'd be okay with him remaining.  Dude is looking for the bag and we have WAY too much to invest in the future of this team to tie up a poo ton of cap money in a non-QB player.