• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are the chances Burns gets traded before the trade deadline?

CamWhoaaCam

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

Yeah, but that might not happen, so the team should stay scared, keep doing what they've been doing that obviously isn't working, and not make any attempt to amplify the value they have in their roster at this stage.

/s

Lol. So true. Imagine we got Marvin Harrison Jr, La Porta and a stud LG for Burns along with $30M to spend that we spend on Tee Higgins and Gilmore. We’d still get the oh but our pass rush.

10 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Good. He shouldn’t be available until draft day unless a team gets crazy with an offer. 

I’m pretty sure he’s not available because a trade for anything less than last year’s offer will make our hot seat GM look bad. I wish we’d just extend him because it’s just stupid at this point. Either sign him or trade him. If we’re still balking at what he wants, we should have traded him last year.

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

I’m pretty sure he’s not available because a trade for anything less than last year’s offer will make our hot seat GM look bad. I wish we’d just extend him because it’s just stupid at this point. Either sign him or trade him. If we’re still balking at what he wants, we should have traded him last year.

If we want to trade him and aren’t being offered two firsts, I’d wait until draft night and make sure the player I want is available at the draft pick involved in the trade. (Ex: Keon Coleman or Malik Nabers in the teens) Plus, I’d attempt to recoup additional day 2 picks or a player on top of the 2024 1st. 

• Poo 1

I'm telling you guys, Burns isn't being moved because it doesn't improve the team today.  While it might not make sense for an 0-6 team, it makes sense for Scott Fitterer.  This team has to show something in the 2nd half of the season of he's likely sent packing.  Moving Burns for draft picks does nothing but hurt the chances of that.  And there's no guarantee that Fitterer will be around to use those draft choices.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Another decent deflection. So you are saying my examples were good teams so that’s why it worked and bad teams failed to get better after trading?

So Jacksonville traded Ramsey to start their rebuilding in 2019. They had 1 win in 2020 and 3 wins in 2021 after 11 total wins in 2018/2019. They are now a playoff contender. Bad to good, so you’re wrong.

Miami traded Tunsil/Fitpatrick in 2019 on their way to tank that year for Tua and got him at pick 5 in 2020. They had 5 wins in 2019 after 6 and 7 win years in 2017 and 2018. Again, bad to hood after trade.

Jets were 2-14 the season the traded Adams. They got a starting OL and Garrett Wilson. Their current team, even with Rodgers being hurt is way better than they were in 2020.

In Stafford’s last 2 season with Detroit, the Lions were 8-23-1. While Baltimore blasted them on Sunday, the Lions are a much better team now as well.

So all 4 examples I gave were bad teams that turned good after the trades/tanking. Have fun with that.

Also, WGAF if we used the picks on Burns’ replacement. Not sure if it was this thread but I said I’d use Burns’ $30M a year to get D, like Reddick or Floyd or Judon and another solid starter. There’s been plenty of good edge rushers being available at decent prices every year. Just go look at the sack leaders every year, plenty of new young draftees and FAs. I know this is hard to grasp but if we were able to turn the 3 Burns picks into a stud WR (2024 1st), solid young TE (pick 36) and a stud G (2025 1st), that’s a huge win seeing as we could also sign two $10-20M solid D starters in FA. Yeah, that would be terrible. Here let me puff my chest out even more.

You right. I'm  wrong. Why did I ever question your great knowledge on all things.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

You right. I'm  wrong. Why did I ever question your great knowledge on all things.  

Finally, that’s the first step. Second step is realizing that we are in fact 0-6 and we have in fact been the worst team in the NFL the past few years. Welcome to reality where we are bad at rebuilding.

5 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Finally, that’s the first step. Second step is realizing that we are in fact 0-6 and we have in fact been the worst team in the NFL the past few years. Welcome to reality where we are bad at rebuilding.

Rebuilding sucks, and most had expectations that was too high without the injuries this team has suffered.  

Welcome to what happens when you you don't meet expectations.  

• Poo 1