• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Many of You Would Actually Want a Trade for a WR

Hoenheim

Trade draft picks for a wr???  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade multiple picks for a wr?

• Yes
    • No

30 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

I don't really have a problem with trading for guys if the deal is right. We used a second rounder on TMJ and he hasn't ever got over 500 yards so it doesn't really make sense to me to be against giving up a 3rd or 4th rounder for someone like Jeudy who has had 900 yards (give or take) a couple of times.

That's not to say I want Jeudy because there's clearly some issues there and his salary is probably more than you'd want to pay, but generally speaking trading for that sort of standard of player wouldn't be an issue for me. What are the chances of getting a 900 yards receiver with a 3rd round pick in the draft?

$13M cap hit next year and that's the last year of his contract. So you're either taking a $13M cap hit or you're extending him and dumping even more money into a half assing malcontent. 

• Beer 2

Well they can draft about as well as they trade so maybe they need new people who aren't terrible at most everything they do first?

It's just going to be more waste until that part is fixed first. They have already made next season depressing already so keep digging that hole as whost team in the NFL I guess.

I don't want this team to trade a single pick.  

I still think the odds are too high Fitt gets fired at the end of this year.  I don't want him wasting resources in the off chance Tepper accidently makes a good hire. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't want this team to trade a single pick.  

I still think the odds are too high Fitt gets fired at the end of this year.  I don't want him wasting resources in the off chance Tepper accidently makes a good hire. 

The more I think about it the more I think fitt (and reich) are safe for one more season.  Give them next year to show something and if not start completely over.  I think firing whoever would be detrimental to youngs development.  Give everyone this year and next to see where we are headed.  I hate it but its probably for the best for the franchise overall.  And this is coming from someone who thinks fitt is dumb as fug

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

The more I think about it the more I think fitt (and reich) are safe for one more season.  Give them next year to show something and if not start completely over.  I think firing whoever would be detrimental to youngs development.  Give everyone this year and next to see where we are headed.  I hate it but its probably for the best for the franchise overall.  And this is coming from someone who thinks fitt is dumb as fug

This is my exact thought process as well. No use firing Fitts if that means the new GM is stuck with a head coach and QB they may or may not want, or even worse, they limit GM candidates to those who are ok with Reich.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That is both sad and depressing yet expected.

Next year is also when I will be walking away from my PSLs and I suspect others will be doing the same. 24 is going to be terrible but funny for any non-Panthers fans.

Tepper could hire a decent GM and give him a year to set up for 25 (scout HCs, evaluate players on the roster, start fixing what Fritz fugged up) but he won't because he is absolutely a loser in the NFL.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

Just now, Waldo said:

That is both sad and depressing yet expected.

Next year is also when I will be ealking away from my PSLs and I suspect others will be doing the same. 24 is going to be terrible but funny for any non-Panthers fans.

Tepper could hire a decent GM and give him a year to set up for 25 (scout HCs, evaluate players on the roster, start fixing what Fritz fugged up) but he won't because he is absolutely a loser in the NFL.

I thought this year would be a poo sandwich but with a good draft in 23 and another in 24 we could compete.  I have no issue saying right now I was dead wrong.  I think this puppy is at least 2 years away from being consistently competitive and that is if we start having some decent drafts.  This roster is fuging horrible and its a concern when a dumbass on the huddle like myself can see it but the damn ownership and FO doesnt

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yup. One more year, then start fresh if needed.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

$13M cap hit next year and that's the last year of his contract. So you're either taking a $13M cap hit or you're extending him and dumping even more money into a half assing malcontent. 

This is why I'd prefer to trade for Sutton if we're going to trade for a Broncos WR. He's got no more guaranteed salary left on his contract for an acquiring team (his base salaries in 2024 and 2025 are not guaranteed and the signing bonus and roster bonus restructures stay with Denver). It'd essentially be a 10 game tryout to see how he'd fit with Bryce and the staff and if it doesn't work out, we'd just be out whatever we traded for him if he's cut in the offseason.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I thought this year would be a poo sandwich but with a good draft in 23 and another in 24 we could compete.  I have no issue saying right now I was dead wrong.  I think this puppy is at least 2 years away from being consistently competitive and that is if we start having some decent drafts.  This roster is fuging horrible and its a concern when a dumbass on the huddle like myself can see it but the damn ownership and FO doesnt

I have no idea what it will take for them to admit this swing was a failure but they don't look close yet. Feels like we should already be on year 2 of this one yet it's just 6 games in lol.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I have no idea what it will take for them to admit this swing was a failure but they don't look close yet. Feels like we should already be on year 2 of this one yet it's just 6 games in lol.

roster is built to drop a qb in

we dont plan to pick in the top 10 again

we can win the division

yada

yada

yada

Thats how fuging moronic this team and specifically the GM is

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

roster is built to drop a qb in

we dont plan to pick in the top 10 again