• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do the Panthers move forward in a tanked season

Verge

Just now, Bear Hands said:

In this type of circumstance, you have be honest with where the team's at if you're Tepper (which is obviously not happening)

I would quietly put Morgan in a position to make an honest assessment of the talent we have from now until season's end. Who is worth retaining into a new core that we can restructure from.  Fitt has disappeared from Panthers marketing material everywhere so I think the writing is on the wall he will be the first casualty.  

And if Sunday is a Texans loss coming off a bye, then I think a Steichen/Minshew loss & going to 0-9 will get Reich fired.  It's super rare, but I think it would be absolutely warranted if we can't muster any wins in this stretch. 

That would give Evero or Brown the opportunity to start off as interim against Chicago.  Strange times.

Why morgan?

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Why morgan?

He's been under good minds in Buffalo and he may have a better grasp on talent right now. 

Hard to place myself in the internal workings though.  I mean, if you're in Tepper's shoes and he doesn't seem ideal, then probably not but it would have to be someone.  GMs and scouting departments are doing a lot this time of year outside of just trade deadline work.    

I honestly wonder if purging our entire scouting department could be in the cards.  I mean, the last few drafts have produced so little.  Posted elsewhere, but We spent 5 picks last year on 3 guys already off the team (Corral, Smith, & Barnes).  We're not knocking out our 1st round picks anymore and our remaining draft hit rates are awful. 

6 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

LMAO cmon guy are you serious right now?

I dig your optimism but this team is toast. We are the worst team in football just being real.

Never said likely, but it’s not impossible. If you’re inside that building then you have to believe that it is. 

6 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

In this type of circumstance, you have be honest with where the team's at if you're Tepper (which is obviously not happening)

I would quietly put Morgan in a position to make an honest assessment of the talent we have from now until season's end. Who is worth retaining into a new core that we can restructure from.  Fitt has disappeared from Panthers marketing material everywhere so I think the writing is on the wall he will be the first casualty.  

And if Sunday is a Texans loss coming off a bye, then I think a Steichen/Minshew loss & going to 0-9 will get Reich fired.  It's super rare, but I think it would be absolutely warranted if we can't muster any wins in this stretch. 

That would give Evero or Brown the opportunity to start off as interim against Chicago.  Strange times.

Honestly I like both Evero as Brown as HCs better than Reich.  

• Pie 1

The biggest problem I see is that we were told by the media, by Fitty, by Reich and probably by Tepper that we could win the South this year. And most of us believed it. Now that we’re 0-6 everyone’s pissed that they believed and want someone to pay. 

Here’s an idea; don’t believe the hype next time.

• Pie 1

On 10/26/2023 at 6:25 PM, SetfreexX said:

Don't steal their hyperbole, people want to riot. 

It's more provocative to say WE GAVE UP TWO 1sts, when in fact by all accounts its WAY better than the 49ers deal.

They get a pass because their team as a whole is excellent, and they have a top 3 offensive mind as the HC and play-caller. 

Giving up two firsts but getting one back means only losing one first.

Don't really get why that'd be difficult to understand unless you're deliberately trying to obscure the point.

• Pie 1

On 10/27/2023 at 8:07 PM, mc52beast said:

The biggest problem I see is that we were told by the media, by Fitty, by Reich and probably by Tepper that we could win the South this year. And most of us believed it. Now that we’re 0-6 everyone’s pissed that they believed and want someone to pay. 

Here’s an idea; don’t believe the hype next time.

A lot of us didn't.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Giving up two firsts but getting one back means only losing one first.

Don't really get why that'd be difficult to understand unless you're deliberately trying to obscure the point.

I think the confusion is the cost to draft Young vs the cost of the trade.  We lost a first, swapped a first and used it to draft Young.  So the cost to draft Young was 2 firsts, DJ Moore, a 2nd, and a future 2nd.  The cost to swap and move up to pick 1 was a future first, Moore, a 2nd, and a future 2nd.  

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think the confusion is the cost to draft Young vs the cost of the trade.  We lost a first, swapped a first and used it to draft Young.  So the cost to draft Young was 2 firsts, DJ Moore, a 2nd, and a future 2nd.  The cost to swap and move up to pick 1 was a future first, Moore, a 2nd, and a future 2nd.  

It always "costs" you a pick to draft a player though, so... 😕

• Pie 1