• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tarik Cohen

Kick

2 hours ago, PantherBoy95 said:

While I agree...in that case, why sign him?

because it became painfully evident to this group they don't have the folks around Young they need.  nor probably the scheme.     

Young still matters.  And Young needs a legit RB of the Cohen mold in the arsenal.  Whether Cohen still is Cohen is the unknown.  

Think it took a couple weeks of real football for our braintrust to actually realize things they should of this offseason.  

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

because it became painfully evident to this group they don't have the folks around Young they need.  nor probably the scheme.     

Young still matters.  And Young needs a legit RB of the Cohen mold in the arsenal.  Whether Cohen still is Cohen is the unknown.  

Think it took a couple weeks of real football for our braintrust to actually realize things they should of this offseason.  

If he's ready or near ready to go I'm all for it! But if he'll just be resting on the practice squad when needed he can go somewhere else lol (idk if he does scout team or anything which I know is very important)

But I agree we need to figure out a lot of positions...so many I literally just got annoyed trying to think of which holes to mention first and how we'll do it.

21 hours ago, PantherBoy95 said:

While I agree...in that case, why sign him?

I completely forgot about Cohen. We’ve got a guy who hasn’t played since 2020, a guy who’s last meaningful snaps were in 2018 and we’re checking out a guy who’s coming back to football because he was caught running a Pokémon scam for millions of dollars. Damn.

Oh and before we get the it’s only practice squad, the problem is we don’t even have enough young players to fill out the PS. If Gettleman was dumpster diving, we are full on living in the dump now. We’ve trading away so many draft picks in the Fitts era that we’ve got zero depth and can’t even find enough young players with any potential to fill out the roster.