• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mingo

BIGH2001

1 minute ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

You do realize 65yds/game equals to 1k seasons

Yup. But with this "blow up" he is averaging the following:

3.16 catches a game on 5.67 targets per game, for 32.5 yards per game. 

552.5 yards for the year on 96.39 targets and 53.72 catches is what he is on pace for. This doesn't seem bad but when you compare it to the other rookie WRs he's sandwiched between its not as good. But this is his first game over 50 yards and he still has no TDs so we are hoping his performance today was a sign of greater things. 

2 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

You do realize 65yds/game equals to 1k seasons

It doesn’t if that’s the best game. I want to see more but I always hoped he would step up because I don’t think TMJ is good. TMJ had a few ok games where the D seemed to lose him for one deep ball a game. Too many people bought that hype and then in his last 6 games where we went 4-2, he did almost nothing. It would be nice to see Mingo keep improving the rest of the year, especially if we get ourselves a handful more wins so we don’t here about the pick we traded every few seconds at the start of the 20/4 draft.

1 minute ago, Varking said:

552.5 yards for the year on 96.39 targets and 53.72 catches is what he is on pace for. This doesn't seem bad but when you compare it to the other rookie WRs he's sandwiched between its not as good. But this is his first game over 50 yards and he still has no TDs so we are hoping his performance today was a sign of greater things. 

Mingo worries me I don’t want my receivers coming out of college as a senior without really blowing a season up. There’s not a very good track record there of players becoming elite IMO 

Just now, Aussie Tank said:

Mingo worries me I don’t want my receivers coming out of college as a senior without really blowing a season up. There’s not a very good track record there of players becoming elite IMO 

Not every receiver needs to be elite. You don't necessarily want to spend a 2nd rounder on a guy that just turns into a lower-end #2 or solid #3, but how long has it been since Carolina even had one of those? If Mingo gets to that point then it's still a win.

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Don't think anyone said it was a blow up. He had a good game..I think the problem is most of this fan base lacks the understanding that it takes time for guys to develop. And even then it requires the proper conditions for it to happen. Players have historically been slow to reach their potential in Charlotte.

Give the dude some props.

Just now, KSpan said:

Not every receiver needs to be elite. You don't necessarily want to spend a 2nd rounder on a guy that just turns into a lower-end #2 or solid #3, but how long has it been since Carolina even had one of those? If Mingo gets to that point then it's still a win.

Hearing ya I don’t believe now or back at the draft that he was worth a 2nd. He was a 3rd round guy in my books same a Lafell was I believe could be wrong 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I am with you. I am trying to find examples of college WRs not putting up big numbers in college and then having really good long careers that weren't things like a QB switching to WR in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

DK Metcalf? I think the combine sold him.

He was definitely an outlier stat wise. But you’re right with that size and speed combo but also adding that he came out as a sophomore. Which you wouldn’t think would play a massive part in WR success but most analytic models I’ve heard take that strongly into consideration 

3 hours ago, Varking said:

A 65 yard game is not the game to hang your hat on but it’s the best game of his career so far. 

Very accurate.

That said, given the season we’ve had, being able to mention a receiver not named AT in a positive light is something to hang your hat on. personally I’ll take it at this point.