• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Brown first game calling plays...

CamWhoaaCam

As long as you score more points than they do it doesn't matter how many you score.  Each game are composed of individual matchups between players on  2 teams. Averages, points per game don't matter. Today we were good enough. I wish each week for the rest of the year that we are good enough that day against that team. Score more points than they do. Leave the stats to the losers.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, RJK said:

Another game of no explosive plays, run game was nonexistent, Bryce got hammered, and they couldn’t put enough points on the board to beat 90% of the NFL. It looked just like Franks offense 

You mean it looked like the offense that they collaborated from the beginning to put together, just another person calling the plays? GTFO. 

12 minutes ago, Varking said:

224 total yards is the least amount of yards we have had in any game. 15 points offensively was the 3rd worst offensive output we have had. Bryce and the defense stepped up today. 

Forgot to add, I do think we were more creative today when we weren't in the red zone but the more I rewatch the game right now the more I see almost every one of the best plays of the day was somebody on the offensive line whiffing on a block, Bryce having to roll out and make something happen and bail out the line and the play call. I am at the half but I don't see many plays called that were just run how it was supposed to be run and it got a guy open and Bryce was able to drop back and rip it and let the WR get YAC. We had like 3 of those all game. 

I think folks are happy with the end result but they would be looking at it with a much more critical eye if the Texans score once more and win this game. 

We have got to make sure Bryce does not continue to get hit like he did today. If that means going back to the shitty boring dinks and dunks and screens then that’s what that means. If there’s another way I’m all for it, but today confirmed for me a little bit of why I thought they had been calling the plays they called previously. Our OL is atrocious. Nobody wants to give the first pick in the draft to the Bears next year, but IMO it would be worse if we David Carr’d Bryce Young trying to force things down field this year just to make the fans happy in the short term. It sucks. I don’t even know if playing Bryce is worth it if we revert back to 20 screens a game and dinking and dunking, but what do you do?