• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns draft classmate (edge rusher) inks new deal

ncfan

15 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Most of the guys like me who think we should have traded him last year realized then that we should have been going into full rebuild mode. I said it then, those 1sts could have been valuable in trying to trade for the 1st pick if we had chosen to do so. We wouldn't have needed to ship off DJ. We could have shipped off a Rams 2025 1st instead. 

Burns is gonna get paid. That's pretty much a done deal, or at least should be. Do I think he's worth 30m per season as an edge rusher that's a liability against the run? No. But what I think doesn't really matter. Personally, if I'm being honest, Luvu has been more of a defensive force than Burns going back to last year. 

Tepper and this FO have been shitting the bed for the past few seasons and we have very little to show for it. Picks, like players, are a commodity and they all have value. Do I think we could have done more with 2 1sts, a 2nd and 30m in cap space and a competent front office? Absolutely. Too bad we lack the latter. 

What good are picks with Tepper/Fitt making picks?

I'm all for trading for picks with a new GM. We have traded all of our stars. Burns is the last star we have left. If we trade him we better hit on those picks.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm all for trading for picks with a new GM. We have traded all of our stars. Burns is the last star we have left. If we trade him we better hit on those picks.

That's why I said Fitts and Tepper are the issue. It's just what I would have done playing Monday morning GM. Either embrace the rebuild or don't, but we were never drop a QB in and playoff run ready. That's the frustrating part. This entire FO seems to be blind to basic things even guys on a message board are seeing. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Burns is gonna get paid, we really aren’t paying anyone right now anyways 

Which is why I'm confused with all the people pocket watching his contract.

Dudes out here acting like Burns is holding up money for other guys. This roster is bad. Pay our better players point blank.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Dudes out here acting like Burns is holding up money for other guys. This roster is bad. Pay our better players point blank.

I think people are just tired of damn near everything Fitts does going wrong. No faith that this will go right either, no matter if it's a trade or a deal. We're going to get fugged either way. 

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is definitely the frustrating part. 

In theory it’d be great to recoup some draft capital, but then you remember Fitt’s gonna reach for somebody he could’ve gotten several picks later and we’re back to being ass.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It’s a cap space league and he will impact our ability to add talent around Bryce Young.  And we need to add a lot around him.  OL to WRs to RB to TEs. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

It’s a cap space league and he will impact our ability to add talent around Bryce Young.  And we need to add a lot around him.  OL to WRs to RB to TEs. 

What's the difference in paying Higgins 30mil a year then paying Burns 30mil a year?

Adding talent you say. Talent cost money and not cheap money either.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What's the difference in paying Higgins 30mil a year then paying Burns 30mil a year?

Adding talent you say. Talent cost money and not cheap money either.

Well, I haven’t advocated for that.

But the argument would be it’s an offensive league and our primary concern is building Bryce Young into a stud QB (and the cupboard is bare around him given Theilen is essentially an older rental). We got literally nothing outside of project Mingo be worked on for Bryce.  We need OL, WRs, TEs, RBs.  We need basically an entire new offense for the most part.