• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Crickets

WarHeel

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seeing what the Commanders got for Sweat and Young I just don't think moving Burns was on the table today. Would you really give up a massive haul for Burns when could get one of those guys for way less?

Burns seems likely headed for a franchise tag IMO. Wouldn't be surprised if that resulted in an ugly holdout and a potential trade.

So he's going to hold out and now we're going to trade him for a day three pick instead next year... If that's not the Panthers way, I don't know what is

3 hours ago, Navy_football said:

I don't know...

I'd much rather have Chase and Montez than Brian Burns. Would have been crazy but maybe they could have been in on those 2 and then traded Burns in the offseason. They would have, at the very least, been able to get a 2nd and 3rd for Burns in the offseason. And likely could have signed both Chase and Montez for just a little more than what they're about to pay Burns. 

I honestly think montez sweat is a better NFL player than burns. Bears got a steal getting him for a second round pick

12 hours ago, Pantha-kun said:

Panthers just spent multiple high picks trading up for Bryce, that was our splash trade for this year.  Scott already dug us into a hole with bad trades in previous years and bad draft pick selections. At this point, he'd either be digging us further into the hole or getting minimal returns for players that are probably more valuable just staying on the team. Scott hasnt shown the capacity to draft well enough in the mid and late rounds. 

Or the first 

On 11/1/2023 at 2:37 PM, top dawg said:

He's also played in less games but has way more pressures. It's good that Burns is available, but he's markedly less effective than Bosa. We were always going to have to pay him, but Bosa money? 

Bosa also plays for a premium team in a premium market that is always in the Super Bowl conversation. His market sets itself.

I still think that Burns will be traded to New England for their 2024 #1 and change (maybe even a draft day trade) if Belichick sticks around, who won't be keen on growing any more rookies. Their big FA splash will be Kirk Cousins if he looks good from the Achilles or maybe Tannehill.

Burns will 100% sign with them to stick with Belichick, who has countless defensive players that elevated during his tenure. He'd also be coached up by Jerod Mayo, who's also probably their HC-in-waiting. New England makes too much sense.