• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Montez Sweat new deal

jb2288

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Gettleman would've offered him vet minimum then cut him in a fit of rage fifteen minutes before kickoff of our first game. 😂

Lol. No poo. Then again Hurney might have already made him a top 5 paid player but it would have been a year ago, so we would still come out cheaper.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What is his fair market value though? Because two of the more recent deals he's going to want to surpass went to guys of honestly take over him. Those guys being Crosby and Sweat. Those guys are complete players. Burns is a one trick pony. It's the trick that gets you paid but he quietly sucks against the run. He's good on pursuit but he's a liability when you run at him.

I get he's not great against the run. I get we'd all love to have a more complete edge rusher.  You and me both!!!

I don't see one sitting around that we can snatch up. 

Burns is stil young, and is still getting better. Maybe one day he'll focus on his run defense. 

In the end, it's not going to affect his market value. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

At this rate I'd almost be fine letting Burns walk in FA for nothing. That will hurt us a lot less in the long run vs handing him a deal he doesn't deserve

What?  That's pure comedy gold!!

Burns has better production than those recently signed. 

Natural born leader. 

I get he's not the.complete edge rusher we all want, but the stupidity that he doesn't deserve to get paid is fuging ridiculous.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

You can forget that. We have passed on trading him multiple times. He is going to be here. It is just how much money he ends up getting.

My guess is in the $29-32 mil/yr range.

If they don't sign Brown or Luvu, so Burns can stay on the team...

I'll lose all hope and just watch the best game when they're playing. Just catch the ESPN highlights, if that.

39 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

What?  That's pure comedy gold!!

Burns has better production than those recently signed. 

Natural born leader. 

I get he's not the.complete edge rusher we all want, but the stupidity that he doesn't deserve to get paid is fuging ridiculous.  

I'd wager he has more garbage time sacks vs sacks where we are still in the game that actually matter. He is not a difference maker. He is not a cornerstone piece. He is hardly better than a rotational pass rusher piece ala Mario Addison. When has Burns completely wrecked an offensive series for the opposing team? He doesn't collapse pockets consistently. All of our previous DEs had stellar games in which they took over drives. Charles Johnson, Hardy, Peppers, Reddick, and I'd even throw Addison in as well. I don't even notice Burns on the field half the time. He is not an imposing precense whatsoever and I doubt there is a single DC in the league that loses sleep when having to game plan for him. He just simply is not an elite player. He's a solid to good pass rusher and that is literally it and that's not good enough to command $30 million a year on this team when we need to surround our young QB with playmakers a running game and an oline that can pass block. He is a luxury we can't afford

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

We were trying to give him 23-24 and this is in that ally. If he wants more still... bye!!  Sweat is the better player and I think I seen he has a better pressure rate too. 

Sweat is a much better overall player than Burns. 

Burns is undisciplined. He doesn't read plays well, often out of position focused on the sack vs stopping the run or screen. And can we talk about how many tackles he misses - of friggin QBs. The least athletic player on the field, next to the placekickers.

• Pie 1

As a matter of fact... Last week when Houston stopped the Panthers on the goal line and they were coming out from the 1 yard line, guess who they ran right at to give themselves some playing room? Yep. And gained 6 yards just like that, taking away the threat of a safety. When offenses target you as a weakness, you are not that guy. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

Hurney drafted knockout players in the first which s more than fitt has ever done, IDC how many RBS he overpaid. 

Do I want Hurney back for 3.0? Hell no, but he is better at his job than Fitt is. 

He did have the occasional Norman, Hardy, Kalil late round guys too. 

Oh I am in no way in support of Fitterer, I think he has made several blunders and I’d like him outta here.  

I do think jury is still out on his first rounders.  It hasn’t even been three years, and they’ve had coaching changes.

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I have complete confidence that the Burbs deal will get done.  As far as his pr8ce, it'll be fair market value whether anybody else cares to admit it or not. 

Yea the panthers can do no wrong.

Fun fact, they already offered him fair market value. And a deal didn’t get done. So wrong on both accounts.