• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young doesn't have a superprocessor, he is literally costing us games

TN05

16 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I get that mentality but Bryce hasn’t shown really anything as to why he was worth being 1st overall. 
He struggles to throw downfield, most of his yardage are checkdowns and he has yet to show any reason during the games as to why we took him so high. 
Most rookie QBs who are struggling still show something that makes people realize why he was taken first overall. 
Bryce so far just looks like a 2 or 3rd round low ceiling QB. Not a supposed franchise QB. 

His arm strength to me is the most concerning aspect to him.  And its been an issue since week 1.  Moreso then his size or build or athleticism.  I mean they are all concerning as well but the simple fact that he seems to float passes is a huge issue and I am not sure how that gets corrected or schemed around.  

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

His arm strength to me is the most concerning aspect to him.  And its been an issue since week 1.  Moreso then his size or build or athleticism.  I mean they are all concerning as well but the simple fact that he seems to float passes is a huge issue and I am not sure how that gets corrected or schemed around.  

He just doesn’t have any zip to his passes. You can get away with that in college. Honestly I am surprised he doesn't have more INTs. 
So many of his passes are so slow looking. 

On 11/5/2023 at 6:43 PM, OneBadCat said:

As a hater I’m gonna defend Bryce today. The line has been getting stomped all day. 

First pick was a guess read he made because he was rushed. Second pick was the right read but a bad throw. He hasn’t done anything egregiously Clausen level today. 

This team desperately needed Shenault and Damiere Byrd to survive the season. There’s no screen threat or viable deep threat to scare anyone. 

Ehhh, the first he just lobbed the ball in the flat, no arch on the throw at all. As soon as he threw it, I yelled noooo!! To be fair, the OL isn’t built to run this zone blocking scheme and most certainly has allowed a ton of pressure but there’s been times Bryce has had time, only to freeze like a deer in headlights.

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

He just doesn’t have any zip to his passes. You can get away with that in college. Honestly I am surprised he doesn't have more INTs. 
So many of his passes are so slow looking. 

He is not throwing deep enough for it to be a problem.....yet.  But at some point he has to start pushing the ball downfield.  Thats the modern nfl and if he cant do that then what the fug did we trade up for?

14 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Fwiw, in his first year, Trevor Lawrence was making throws like this.  Alot of throws like this.  

Trevor Lawrence throws his first career pick 6 - YouTube

Now he actually looks like a legitimate NFL qb.  So there is still hope.

Lawrence is the prototypical everything when it comes to a QB though. Huge, with athletic ability and a strong arm. Polishing him gets you a great QB. Bryce unfortunately is the complete opposite of everything and will always have his shortcomings working against him. I really hope we can salvage him, but it feels like he will be no more than a game manager if he pans out. 

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Fwiw, in his first year, Trevor Lawrence was making throws like this.  Alot of throws like this.  

Trevor Lawrence throws his first career pick 6 - YouTube

Now he actually looks like a legitimate NFL qb.  So there is still hope.

Yes let's compare our QB with a smaller build than Johnny Manziel to the physical specimen 🙄

Edited by frankw

He is a subpar NFL talent and his mental abilities are nowhere near enough to bail him out.

Teams should use him as an example why to let players fall in the draft. He was never a first round talent. He actually is the problem on offense. They tooled it to him and it brought out the worst of the oline and that effects the rest. They are trying to play to his stregths and it's away from wins. Play Andy in a mauler oline scheme and they win more than 1 game at this point. Out of the top 4 options they chose the worst one to bring in with the team they had set up.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This was always my main concern with Young as well

Young’s anticipation is as good as it comes but you need to some arm strength too. Young’s passing charts are very similar to Drew Brees charts during his last year. 

I’d love to see Young with some speed on the perimeter first before I write him off still though. 

I still have no idea how these guys had could go watch CJ throw and have him ranked 3rd. His footwork, delivery and arm are as smooth as it gets 

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

The desperate attempts to compare Bryce to Tua remind me of when folks were comparing Darnold to Tannehill hoping we could replicate that. We see how that turned out for both teams.

Tua is putting great numbers but can't win agaisnt good teams. 0-3 and 17 points avg. That is not a contender.

The Lawrence comps are even funniers. It's Lawrence every time and Bryce isn't close.