• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce defenders, please give me a reason why you're still hopeful

TN05

2 minutes ago, TN05 said:

I haven't seen much of anything this far indicating he's going to pan out so far, let alone be worth the king's ransom we paid. What makes you think otherwise?

I will post my opinion in a bit but Bryce biggest issue are his mechanics which are correctable 

I would not classify myself as either a Bryce defender nor as hopeful, however 1 good reason here is that he's only 7 games into his career. We've seen others struggle badly early and turn it around -- recent examples being Goff, Allen. 

Do I expect him to turn it around? Personally no, I don't see much of a chance of that happening. However you can't write a player off after 7 games.

• Pie 3

People with credentials will continue to say he will be fine and carry the water buckets for the Panthers as a business. John Ellis will tell everyone to continue to be patient, Bryce will be magical, blah blah blah.

People with eyeballs will realize he was the wrong pick and we fuged the pooch royally here. He doesn't have "it", nor the physical tools to be a high performer in this league unless he has a STACKED team around him like Brock Purdy.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

I’m still hoping he can turn into Tua. Worst case a short Bridgewater. He will be a decent starter but not banking on him ever being a ProBowl talent. The whole team is bad. It’s not just him. I blame Fitterer, not Bryce. If we of taken Bryce at 9 no one would be freaking out. If we had Moore , the 49ers 2nd rounder, and our top 3 pick this year we’d be Ok. It’s Fitts fault we are in this position. I think he will be a solid game manager in time. Which of course isn’t what you want from a #1 overall pick but can’t fix that anytime soon. 

Just now, Cullenator said:

People a lot smarter about football and talent evaluation than I am (or than the collective mind of the Huddle) havent given up on him yet so Im following their lead

And let's take a look at the product on the field ie the team that those "smarter" people have built...

Fit has compiled the worst roster known to man completely devoid of talent and depth at important positions.

He's just not playing like the #1 pick. Expectations were high. He's playing like a 4th rd pick and criticism is fair. You can argue he'd play better with better WRs and a better O-line ... but that's true for any QB. The real test of proof comes when he can play well without those WRs and an elite O-line. He's yet to do so. He can't be defended currently based entirely on who he is. As of now, he's a failure. And as I mentioned in another thread ... we may have all been fooled. He was playing with the best of the best at Bama. Give him the best of the best here and he'll play great too ... but that's not happening. Ever. Kid has to show he is indeed worthy of the #1 pick no matter who is lined up next to him.

• Pie 2