• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you are employed by Carolina, Thursday is a must win

CRA

10 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

This is why I’ve put football on the back burner. I can’t follow another team and this team’s problem starts at a position we can’t do anything about, owner.

I'm done spending money on them.  Walked out of the game after the 2nd pick 6 yesterday.  And at no point during the actual game did I feel like this team could do anything except really exploit a mistake.  2 biggest plays, that weren't really big in the Hurst pass and Chark TD, really just felt like blown coverage.   It's like all we can do is hope someone makes a mistake. 

It was just boring.  They are boring and bad.  What Tepper deserves is empty seats.  That's the only way to communicate with him. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

Thursdays are terrible quality games and these are 2 not good teams. All I know is it's going to be unwatchable and likely 1 if not both teams playing very bad football.

It's going to take a lot worse than just bad football to crank the pressure up. They had 2 years of really bad football under Rhule and still signed up for year 3. Again, still no signs anyone in the organization is at a breaking point yet where we see change.

28 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'm done spending money on them.  Walked out of the game after the 2nd pick 6 yesterday.  And at no point during the actual game did I feel like this team could do anything except really exploit a mistake.  2 biggest plays, that weren't really big in the Hurst pass and Chark TD, really just felt like blown coverage.   It's like all we can do is hope someone makes a mistake. 

It was just boring.  They are boring and bad.  What Tepper deserves is empty seats.  That's the only way to communicate with him. 

I stopped selling tickets under face value. I'm stuck with that bill anyways but I don't have to help them fill seats if they can't produce at a level that allows me to not sell at a discount. I did it for the Texans game and said fug it moving forward. Thank god the Cowboys fans were dumb enough to massively overpay for my tickets before the season started.

I hate everything about this but I'm not helping Tepper beyond the 2 years I am stuck with at this point. I sure as hell am not wasting a whole day to see this quality of football.

Edited by Waldo

15 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Thursdays are terrible quality games and these are 2 not good teams. All I know is it's going to be unwatchable and likely 1 if not both teams playing very bad football.

It's going to take a lot worse than just bad football to crank the pressure up. They had 2 years of really bad football under Rhule and still signed up for year 3. Again, still no signs anyone in the organization is at a breaking point yet where we see change.

there is always a time for scapegoat changes though.  That's the NFL.   That's what I think we see after Thursday if we lose.  And then folks can act like that one issue somehow will matter despite it being a host of issues.   Because nothing they do will put us on a better course.  Subtraction doesn't help.  We need addition that we can't see until some point after this season is over. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

there is always a time for scapegoat changes though.  That's the NFL.   That's what I think we see after Thursday if we lose.  And then folks can act like that one issue somehow will matter despite it being a host of issues.   Because nothing they do will put us on a better course.  Subtraction doesn't help.  We need addition that we can't see until some point after this season is over. 

Yes but is there any sign that is close yet? Many here see it as a need but does anyone in the organization that could make change? IDK and I haven't seen any sign they are deviating from more of the same failures. That is their MO, clueless commitment with zero competency. It's a poo stew and they serve it up every week for years now. SSDD until I actually see somethint change, even the ritual sacrifice of buying more time. It's so bad that people are blaming the fans lol

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree but from a fan perspective it almost just doesn't even matter. Does anyone - and I mean ANYONE - have one ounce of confidence or even blind faith left that Tepper will get their replacements right? We're just stuck in this cycle of massive knee jerk reaction desperation moves until David Tepper comes to grips with the reality that he is the problem with the Carolina Panthers and he needs to remove himself or at the very least take a massive step back from football decisions.

I don’t know if I have ever been lower 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

And I 100% agree about the subtraction not helping much. They have been doing that and ending up worse for years. They need quality additions yet they make so little of them.

56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We ARE the soft spot on the schedule. We are that team other teams look at and say, "Okay, we GOTTA beat THESE guys."

I’ve reached the Igo level with this franchise   My ‘give a damn is broken’

With the arrival of Tepper:

1. 30 wins and 60 losses, 

2. five failed draft classes,

3. 5 plus failed QBs,

4. star players and draft choices given up for Young, and he, so far appears to simply not look like a #1 pick  at all, in ability, temperament and stature 

5.2 coaching and 2 GM changes resulting I.  total system and scheme fit changes under Rhule and now Reich that the players do not fit,

6. poor free agent signings or failure to retain them 

7 add to it the embarrassment in South Carolina

8  changing of the field surface that is unpopular with players 

9. In short, if there is one fatal mistake in pro football, this franchise will make it. 

Tepper has managed to do to me what I thought could never be done…I’m totally apathetic to what I used to love and I despise him for it 

As the billionaire owner isn’t going anywhere,  I need to move on from spending money and time on this loser 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

I don’t know if I have ever been lower 

We've never been lower as a franchise. We are completely terrible. We're well on our way to our what, sixth straight losing season? We are getting worse. We have invested our near to mid-term future on a massive gamble to draft a QB who doesn't look to have the ability to be a high level starter. Our owner continues to make knee jerk desperation moves digging our hole ever deeper.

Folks, we're the doormat of the league and look to be stuck there for the foreseeable future.

• Pie 5

49 minutes ago, CRA said:

Agree 

PSLs ensure he gets money unfortunately