• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where I'm at midseason

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I hear Nicole Tepper tied to Young a lot but I don't know that it's valid. She had a pretty good connection with CJ Stroud as well, to the point that he referred to her as Mama Tepp.

On the whole though, it's hard to sort through the rumors

Potentially, but I was really taken a back by Nicole and Bryce hugging it out before his pro day. It seemed like a mom wishing her son luck.

That’s just not something you see in the NFL… like ever.

I think the Tepper’s as a whole settled on Young and as whole they need to butt out of football personnel decisions.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Frank Reich is a really, really bad head coach. It’s obvious to anyone who isn’t a jock sniffer. That doesn’t mean he is a bad person. But he is worse than Ruhle. The entire coaching staff needs to be gutted. 

Yet I'm seeing a good amount of people suggest he needs more time.

Then you look at his age he's getting older his time is running out and we have a rebuilding roster. The relationship just doesn't make any sense.

Tepper is really bad at picking HC's.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think a couple of folks have already responded as far as where the rumors came from.

But again, this is an area where we don't fully know what's going on. That's why I posted a couple of different possibilities

McCown liking Stroud and asking him to play a pickup game in Charlotte doesn’t mean Reich had him above Young.

Teams looking for QBs almost always have quotes about QBs that could be construed that way. Wilks said nice stuff about Josh Allen. He probably said nice stuff about Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen too as I’m sure they looked at all four of them and did dinners and pro days/visits. You posted the same thing that Stroud called Nicole Mama Tepp. Heck, we said nice things about Pickett, Willis, Corral and likely others the year before.

Reich is on record saying he and Fitt were in lock step with their “proposal” pre-draft. Don’t care about McCown. Where were the rumors about the Stroud love from Reich himself? Again, I remember pre-draft articles saying Reich liked Richardson almost as much as Young, but nothing from Reich himself on Stroud. The Richardson talk with Reich was interesting because it made it seem like Stroud wasn’t in the mix as we got closer to the draft.

Just now, The Lobo said:

Wasn’t it rumored Tep was seeking advice from Polian? A dinosaur who is out o touch with todays game. Would Tepper even find the right consultant? 

I know he talked to Polian regarding Reich. Polian is a big Frank Reich fan. How he feels about Fitterer or anyone else, no one can say.

Colbert would make a more natural choice. They're reported to be friends, but Colbert at least officially still has a position with the Steelers.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, Frank isn't worse than Rhule.  But Frank Reich, Jim Caldwell, and Dom Capers aren't rockstars.  They are what the NFL is moving past and away from.   And we ran to that type old suckage because we overcompensated after the Matt Rhule disaster.    and the book on them is long, old and outdated. 

You don’t think Reich is a worse HC than Ruhle? I’d give the eye for talent a nod in Frank Wrong’s favor but that’s it. I honestly think Frank Wrong is a worse head coach than Ruhle - and Ruhle was God awful. 

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yet I'm seeing a good amount of people suggest he needs more time.

Then you look at his age he's getting older his time is running out and we have a rebuilding roster. The relationship just doesn't make any sense.

Tepper is really bad at picking HC's.

Would you take Andy Reid if he got fired tomorrow?  Old white guy about to turn 66-years old...just curious.

36 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'm still defending Reich, but have thrown the towel in on Fitterer.  He had one last chance to fix some of his prior goofs by dealing Burns.   He stood firm, which means he's all in on this season of which to any other onlooker is a rolling dumpster fire on a collision course with a gas station pump.  Had he invested into the future by getting capital and admitting this season is toast, at least it would have shown ownership of said past errors.

Frank inherited this mess. He's not totally blameless, but he's a lot further down the totem pole in the blame game than the scouts, Fitterer and the Teppers.

Reich after coaching and playing in the league and if in fact Young was his choice... I godda question whether he really knows what hes doing. But he did inherit a mess on many levels.

26 minutes ago, Youngs Ten Yard Bombs said:

Tepper definitely wanted Young and at the very least him and Nicole had significant influence on that decision. I’m sure it’s true Reich and the coaches liked multiple prospects but all indications were they leaned Stroud prior to Teppers and the yes men push for Young.

Reap what you sow 

IMG_6762.png

D54971D4-7839-435B-81AF-6E4EA10454AD.jpeg

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

You don’t think Reich is a worse HC than Ruhle? I’d give the eye for talent a nod in Frank Wrong’s favor but that’s it. I honestly think Frank Wrong is a worse head coach than Ruhle - and Ruhle was God awful. 

Frank is bad. Matt Rhule is horrible.  Frank gets the edge simply from a respect stand point of dudes in the locker room. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Wasn’t it rumored Tep was seeking advice from Polian? A dinosaur who is out o touch with todays game. Would Tepper even find the right consultant? 

Yes and that has been Floated on this site several times by a couple different people. One person went crying to the mods to delete the thread he started about it. 

Polian is one of the most overrated blabber mouths in NFL history. Got lucky with Peyton Manning. On espn talking crazy and wanted to switch Lamar Jackson to a WR and would go on WFNZ criticizing Cam with some racial undertones. 

If Tepper is listening to Polian man that would explain a lot of the current mess this team is. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

image.png.f9cb79b03f054213147f10bef1ecba2b.png

Okay, show me a significant difference.  One thing, can't blame the organization.  This is purely on coaching.

Why are you stuck in 2018?

I'm judging him on what he did with the Panthers. You had people in the Nat'l media questioning why we didn't hire him. The players vouched for him.  Tepper said no thanks and hired the HC who was fired mid season. Wilks gave the team hope. 

Now look at us we look even worse under Frank than we did under Rhule. But you're telling Panthers fans he needs more time.

You have a interesting way of evaluating coaches my man. But Frank needs more time...

Wasted time...

9 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Potentially, but I was really taken a back by Nicole and Bryce hugging it out before his pro day. It seemed like a mom wishing her son luck.

That’s just not something you see in the NFL… like ever.

I think the Tepper’s as a whole settled on Young and as whole they need to butt out of football personnel decisions.

It was literally insane.  

• Pie 1