• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We prob made the wrong pick BUT

Frank9999

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Here's what I'm still not getting about Bryce.

What "elite" skill does he possess that will set him apart from other QBs? He's small, has a subpar arm, doesn't break tackles, can't even run him under center because of his height, average speed, etc. Literally his only thing he had over CJ was his "processing" speed, which oddly enough can get better in the NFL. You know what can't be learned though? Size, height, arm strength, etc. which is what CJ had over Bryce.

I'm just trying to get a gauge at Bryce's ceiling, because I just don't see it. He doesn't have the arm strength to CONSISTENTLY make NFL throws, and we can't even run him under center because of his size. Where's the potential, I'm legitimately curious.

point guard

elite processor

something something something

• Pie 4

19 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I'm sympathetic to Bryce playing behind a bad OL and with subpar receivers, but he's also a guy that was thought so highly of that he was the #1 overall pick. Howell is a 5th rounder who's also essentially a rookie (he played in 1 game last season) and is averaging 7.0 YPA with 14 TDs to 9 INTs while playing behind an arguably worse OL. Bryce is averaging 5.5 YPA, 8 TDs, 7 INTs (with two more lost fumbles as well). You can argue all you want about supporting cast but I would hope that the guy who was taken 1 could put up comparable stats to the guy taken 144th.

Here’s the thing.

It’s still a team sport.

We cried bitched and moaned on here during the Cam era that even the top guys can’t overcome bad OL play.  Then add no weapons to top.  And Cam was built like a Greek God with every tool out there.

So we shouldn’t be backpedaling that stance with a rookie if you like him or not personally (a lot care more about being able claim their right from this past draft than team success).

It is what it is.

Even the best player in the game couldn’t overcome it.  After Mahomes got the sh!t kicked out of him in 2020.  KC spent every FA and draft asset they had on OL that offseason

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

The Commanders are as big of a dumpster fire as us they've given up 44 sacks compared to our 29 and still Howell is 4th in the league in passing yards per game and 7th in the league in touchdowns.

Enough with the excuses.

2 different circumstances.  Both have terrible OLs, but Washington has a better OC and weapons by a good margin.  Plus Howell was able to sit a year aside from that last game.  I also think Howell should have been a first round pick and was a steal for Washington.  It is very alarming that Young regressed a lot last game.   It will be interesting to see if he bounces back Thursday or continues to regress.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

The Commanders are as big of a dumpster fire as us they've given up 44 sacks compared to our 29 and still Howell is 4th in the league in passing yards per game and 7th in the league in touchdowns.

Enough with the excuses.

100% agree with you. 

That said I'd be remiss if we didn't acknowledge while our line may be better (even that's debatable) I'd take Bienemy over Reich/Brown and any of their position players over ours. Straight up. 

Brian Robinson > Miles, Chuba 

Logan Thomas > Hurst, Tremble, Ian

Terry, Curtis, Dotson > Thielen, Chark, Mingo

32 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Here's what I'm still not getting about Bryce.

What "elite" skill does he possess that will set him apart from other QBs? He's small, has a subpar arm, doesn't break tackles, can't even run him under center because of his height, average speed, etc. Literally his only thing he had over CJ was his "processing" speed, which oddly enough can get better in the NFL. You know what can't be learned though? Size, height, arm strength, etc. which is what CJ had over Bryce.

I'm just trying to get a gauge at Bryce's ceiling, because I just don't see it. He doesn't have the arm strength to CONSISTENTLY make NFL throws, and we can't even run him under center because of his size. Where's the potential, I'm legitimately curious.

His ceiling is Alex Smith

5 hours ago, Frank9999 said:

I still believe Bryce can have a good career in the NFL. CJ is prob special though. 

Carolina has bigger issues than Bryce. This team is in shambles on the OLINE they do not have the personnel to fit the scheme they are running. Bryce is literally rushed to make decisions every time the ball is snapped to him. 

I stick to my claim that this falls on Scott Fitterer. Tepper should send a message to the fan base by firing him today.

Bryce will be a good QB for someone. I just don't see him as a every down starter unless we have a OC that can design an offense that can match his abilities.

I think many Carolina fans are overreacting with negativity.  They knew this was a development year.  They also knew that this team had a lot of needs that were't going to be filled this year.  Obviously Carolina MUST make solid picks in next year's draft (sucks not having a #1) and, I presume, there is plenty of salary cap space to sign some quality free agents.  Carolina will be better next year.  In two years Carolina may very well be able to compete for a division title and a playoff berth.  In the meantime, hang in there!  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

I think many Carolina fans are overreacting with negativity.  They knew this was a development year.  They also knew that this team had a lot of needs that were't going to be filled this year.  Obviously Carolina MUST make solid picks in next year's draft (sucks not having a #1) and, I presume, there is plenty of salary cap space to sign some quality free agents.  Carolina will be better next year.  In two years Carolina may very well be able to compete for a division title and a playoff berth.  In the meantime, hang in there!  

after we sign luvu and burns and probably brown our cap space is kaput and no offense but saying we might be good in 2 years isnt helping matters, this is a dumpster fire of epic proportions, we have literally taken the wrong road every time we came to a fork

20 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

I think you are overly optomistic

We played in a terrible division in 2022. The Buc won it with an 8-9 record. Had Wilks coached the entire season we probably would have scratched out 8-9 wins and won it ourselves. Our poor QB play as a whole held us back. The consensus seemed to be that we were a QB away from competing.

You don't give up multiple high draft choices and your best receiver... move up to to get a QB at #1... with the expectations that 2023 is a development year.

Our drafts have been bad to mediocre since Tepper bought team. Most Panther fans have no faith in the FO to pick the right players and sign the correct FA's. We haven't done it so far.  I don't think there is a team in the NFL that envys our roster. If the F.O  had done it's job over the past 5 seasons we would be on the verge our 6th straight losing season

I see no evidence of things turning around in the near future unless F.O. and scouting department is overhauled and they are replaced with people who actually know how to evaluate player talent.

Edited by SCO96
  • Pie 1