• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A thought I had about Scott while taking a sh*t

SaltAndPepper

Hear me out... But do we really want to fire Scott?

The whole reason we ended up getting Scott in the first place is because there was already a coach in place, and no one wanted to come here as a GM without having roster control (think cereal without milk). If we fire Scott we're just going to keep on having this cycle of perpetual firing of 

*It's the GM*
*It's the coach that needs to be fired*

I'd rather give Reich and Scott until the ended of Bryce's second year (2024). By then, we'll have a full two seasons to know if Bryce is the guy. If not, fire both of them and then use the 1st rounder you have in 2025, trade JC/ Derrick Brown for Draft capital, and there you go, you can keep rebuilding since 2018. 

TLDR: If we fire Scott only and not Reich, we'll just keep this cycle of firing one at a time. Wait until 2024 to fire both of them and bring in new faces across the board at both coach and GM. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Sometimes it’s good to give them chances, sometimes it’s good to cut your losses and fire after one season, the trick is figuring out what to do in a situation. Me personally, I’d relieve both Reich and fitterer of their duties. Reich at the end of the season, Fitt, two weeks ago. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, SaltAndPepper said:

Hear me out... But do we really want to fire Scott?

The whole reason we ended up getting Scott in the first place is because there was already a coach in place, and no one wanted to come here as a GM without having roster control (think cereal without milk). If we fire Scott we're just going to keep on having this cycle of perpetual firing of 

*It's the GM*
*It's the coach that needs to be fired*

I'd rather give Reich and Scott until the ended of Bryce's second year (2024). By then, we'll have a full two seasons to know if Bryce is the guy. If not, fire both of them and then use the 1st rounder you have in 2025, trade JC/ Derrick Brown for Draft capital, and there you go, you can keep rebuilding since 2018. 

TLDR: If we fire Scott only and not Reich, we'll just keep this cycle of firing one at a time. Wait until 2024 to fire both of them and bring in new faces across the board at both coach and GM. 

Problem is it enables him to use our picks in 2024, trade for players, sign free agents and the contracts that go along with it. 

basically, what has lead to the roster we have.  So the hole gets deeper 

• Pie 3

Scott thought this roster was ready to where we could drop a QB in and Compete.

Scott thought the OL and depth at OL was fine even with both OGs coming off major injuries at the end of the year.

Scott thought the likes of DJ Chark, Hayden Hurst, and Miles Sanders were good offensive weapons to put around a young QB.

Scott thought Mingo was a really good impact WR taking him in the top of the 2nd when I don’t think anyone thought would go in the first 2 rds until the week prior to the draft.

Ive seen all I need to see.  I’d rather see someone else come in and help build around the young QB we drafted before we ruin him.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

SF can't draft or sign well and Frank isn't a HC much longer either in weeks or years. There are zero benefits to keeping both but the firing is also more complicated than the owner can handle. 

It would be easy to say fire them all but who is replacing them and how do you get anyone decent to take the job under more than 'just try and build Bryce up'. If they hire specifically to protect the choice to trade up for Bryce then it is just more of the same and any good option would make the most of what they have anyways. 

I would love to see them all fired, the entire FO and staff. I do not trust any plans beyond that step.

His only good to decent FA acquisitions since coming here are Luvu, Thielen, Corbett, Woods, Bell, and Hekker

His only good to decent draft picks are BC and Chuba. Horn would be an All-pro if he can stay healthy. The 2022 draft class is a disaster especially if Ickey continues to slump and not improve. And the 2023 draft class so far is off to an extremely shaky start.

Fitt has yet to find a late round gem and/or UFDA. (Barno still has potential, however)

Besides Shenault, almost every trade has been a detriment to the team.

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

SF can't draft or sign well and Frank isn't a HC much longer either in weeks or years. There are zero benefits to keeping both but the firing is also more complicated than the owner can handle. 

It would be easy to say fire them all but who is replacing them and how do you get anyone decent to take the job under more than 'just try and build Bryce up'. If they hire specifically to protect the choice to trade up for Bryce then it is just more of the same and any good option would make the most of what they have anyways. 

I would love to see them all fired, the entire FO and staff. I do not trust any plans beyond that step.

You hire a consultant like a Colbert or someone who was been a successful GM for a while. I’ve heard Tepper is close to Polian so maybe that’s an option. They can help conduct interviews to bring in a candidate from a successful team like Ravens, Eagles, Bills etc and pick a new GM. Let that GM pick their HC and they can start from the ground up in 2025. We will have our 1st round pick and they can roll with Young or pick their guy. A true complete rebuild. 

• Pie 3

Just now, ForJimmy said:

You hire a consultant like a Colbert or someone who was been a successful GM for a while. I’ve heard Tepper is close to Polian so maybe that’s an option. They can help conduct interviews to bring in a candidate from a successful team like Ravens, Eagles, Bills etc and pick a new GM. Let that GM pick their HC and they can start from the ground up in 2025. We will have our 1st round pick and they can roll with Young or pick their guy. A true complete rebuild. 

Anyone with a brain would chose that at this point but I need to see it to believe Tepper chose that path. That is my dream scenario so it's not going to happen. He will hire to make Bryce what he thought he was and it's not going to change a damn thing in any positive ways for Bryce or us. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Anyone with a brain would chose that at this point but I need to see it to believe Tepper chose that path. That is my dream scenario so it's not going to happen. He will hire to make Bryce what he thought he was and it's not going to change a damn thing in any positive ways for Bryce or us. 

As bad a Tepper has been, he isn’t afraid to cut his losses and try something new. He will hire consultants and experts to give him advice and hopefully they lead him down this path. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

As bad a Tepper has been, he isn’t afraid to cut his losses and try something new. He will hire consultants and experts to give him advice and hopefully they lead him down this path. 

I guessed he would do the polar opposite after Rhule and hire an old NFL coach with just as many peoblems and he went for Frank. He isn't afaid to make moves but please show me a good move he has made? The stuff Tepper values is not producing good football, that's the trend with him.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I guessed he would do the polar opposite after Rhule and hire an old NFL coach with just as many peoblems and he went for Frank. He isn't afaid to make moves but please show me a good move he has made? The stuff Tepper values is not producing good football, that's the trend with him.

Firing Rhule and Hurney?