• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School Bryce Young vs Colts

*FreeFua*

36 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I'd like to see a statistic that shows how many play-action passes the Panthers have run in a game and how successful it has been. Have they run the read-option once with Young holding onto the ball? Try some sh*t out until something sticks because when you're the worst team in the NFL, what you're doing isn't working. 

Play action/under center snaps are oddly hard stats to find online but this was his last attempt at one. He also only ran like 4 plays under center in college or something crazy like that. That makes the run game/play action game really tough to execute. Yeah the Eagles are in shotgun a lot as I'm sure someone will point out but Hurts is a running threat out of the gun so it's different. 

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Play action/under center snaps are oddly hard stats to find online but this was his last attempt at one. He also only ran like 4 plays under center in college or something crazy like that. That makes the run game/play action game really tough to execute. Yeah the Eagles are in shotgun a lot as I'm sure someone will point out but Hurts is a running threat out of the gun so it's different. 

his footwork is embarrassing 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Bryce has 33 play action pass attempts for 264 yards. He’s towards the bottom of both attempts and yards. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

This is from ncfan, its not accurate but it was posted.  Take it for what you will

IMG_7029.jpeg

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This is from ncfan, its not accurate but it was posted.  Take it for what you will

IMG_7029.jpeg

yeah, that doesn't seem right.  I wonder if that is charting the pistol looks as single back or something like that. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, that doesn't seem right.  I wonder if that is charting the pistol looks as single back or something like that. 

And is it just for 1st down formations? Those will tend to be more hand offs than play action if you're under center. Except for the last pick 6 in the Colts game where we went play action on 1st down after the long Hurst pass for some reason

26 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

And is it just for 1st down formations? Those will tend to be more hand offs than play action if you're under center. Except for the last pick 6 in the Colts game where we went play action on 1st down after the long Hurst pass for some reason

yeah, he posted a link in that original thread where that is.  It's just first down.   The formations shown in the picture just get us to 79% accounted for.  Link has the rest.  My only guess is it is drastically wrong or the pistol skews it.   Does Philly run pistol? 

18 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Embracing the low effort posts huh? Can't beat em, join em? 

Nope. Just pointing out that the throat of Hayden Hurst was pretty much what you describe.

And no, I don't think that was the only one we've seen this season.

Edited by Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, he posted a link in that original thread where that is.  It's just first down.   The formations shown in the picture just get us to 79% accounted for.  Link has the rest.  My only guess is it is drastically wrong or the pistol skews it.   Does Philly run pistol? 

I think they do. Only number I remember reading is we were in shotgun 75% of the time through his first 4 games. We were also only running the ball like a dozen times a game for all but game 1 it seems like

I mean lordy, WTF is the offensive coaching staff trying to do? They breakdown the same film as JT. It’s all right there in the open. I understand that during the season, it’s difficult to make major changes to scheme and add new plays, and the players would need reps to get all that installed, but how on earth after seeing 8 games of this filth have we not tried to change up the routes combinations we are running and done something to fix to the pass protection issues? I know the coaches can’t make the players execute, and it’s on the offensive line to win their matchups. But whatever blocking scheme they’ve installed isn’t sticking. While some of it is a continuity and collective mesh issue with injuries to the line breeding a lack of familiarity and ability to communicate across the line, it’s clear what they are asking this group to do doesn’t suit their skill set. These guys were relatively effective last year. Players don’t fall off a cliff this drastically and this quickly from an individual ability performance. 

The coaches aren’t responsible for Bryce making three really bad throws, but holy hell this is some damning tape. They need to make changes or be fired.  Bryce has flashed some really good traits when given the opportunity, but he’s playing on hard mode. Our issues are far and away mostly on the coaching. The front office hasn’t done a good job with resource management and roster construction, but there are other talent deficient teams in the league that are getting better results because their coaches aren’t stuck in 1995. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, stratocatter said:

Yeah that’s IT! 

The Staff is Failing Young. 

Great. Settled. Bring in another coach and watch him shine.  Glad it is that easy. 

While we are at it… we could also say the opposite. He is failing the team and the staff. Bring in another QB. I mean, they already had to go to the wristband (and all that that implies).

Which do you guys think would bring quicker improvement?

I am waiting the few seconds it will take for someone to post some more strawman poo. 

You want an example? Take the Panthers last year when we fired Rhule and had Wilks as HC, all of a sudden we played better and won games? Did we change QB and personnel? Nope. 

4 hours ago, Cullenator said:

My point is what makes this failed NFL QB any more reliable or knowledgeable about the subject than my butcher?  Dude couldn't get the job done well enough in 10 different stops to be much more than a Practice Squad body yet every week he gets posted here like he is Brady/Montana/Manning/Farve.

My butcher played college ball...

On the other hand, Elway was absolutely terrible at running the Broncos. I don't think there's a correlation between how good someone was as a player and their knowledge of picking talent and the mechanics of the game. My guess is JT had to work much harder and learn more to stick with those teams than any of the greats had to with theirs.