• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it possible that Young being so cerebral

Frank9999

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Think about Young’s build. At 5-foot-10 and 204 pounds, it’s harder for Young to stand tall and see from the pocket. It is literally harder for him to do that than every other NFL quarterback not named Kyler Murray.

That matters when you need to wait in the pocket longer to see deep routes develop, especially routes that are later in the progression. Young just isn’t getting to and throwing those routes on a consistent basis right now. Again, I know that’s partly an offensive line issue, as well, but he’s not doing that often enough even when he has a chance.

But what about Russell Wilson and Murray? Those guys have made a living throwing down the field and making aggressive throws despite their height. Hell, it might be the thing those two do best. So what gives with Young?

He just doesn’t have that kind of arm. Wilson and Murray, just as examples, were both baseball players. Murray was an outfielder, and he sure throws like it when he really rips a throw. There’s no doubt he and Wilson can spin the ball.

Young, by contrast, always won in college with timing and precision. He’s got that feathery touch. He can put the ball where it needs to be, but it takes time to get there. That’s all good and well in college, but NFL windows are tougher to identify and close faster.

Trying to win with timing and precision, while also not being tall enough to consistently hang in the pocket, is a really tough way to live. It’s got to be one or the other, at worst.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/analysis/bryce-young-not-living-up-to-hype-but-whos-to-blame/

Damn Bryce fluffers defend that poo

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

3 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Think about Young’s build. At 5-foot-10 and 204 pounds, it’s harder for Young to stand tall and see from the pocket. It is literally harder for him to do that than every other NFL quarterback not named Kyler Murray.

That matters when you need to wait in the pocket longer to see deep routes develop, especially routes that are later in the progression. Young just isn’t getting to and throwing those routes on a consistent basis right now. Again, I know that’s partly an offensive line issue, as well, but he’s not doing that often enough even when he has a chance.

But what about Russell Wilson and Murray? Those guys have made a living throwing down the field and making aggressive throws despite their height. Hell, it might be the thing those two do best. So what gives with Young?

He just doesn’t have that kind of arm. Wilson and Murray, just as examples, were both baseball players. Murray was an outfielder, and he sure throws like it when he really rips a throw. There’s no doubt he and Wilson can spin the ball.

Young, by contrast, always won in college with timing and precision. He’s got that feathery touch. He can put the ball where it needs to be, but it takes time to get there. That’s all good and well in college, but NFL windows are tougher to identify and close faster.

Trying to win with timing and precision, while also not being tall enough to consistently hang in the pocket, is a really tough way to live. It’s got to be one or the other, at worst.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/analysis/bryce-young-not-living-up-to-hype-but-whos-to-blame/

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Bryce is struggling badly with the transition to the NFL I'm hopeful he can figure it out. The situation reminds me of Jared Goff with the Rams a few years ago.  

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Your post was extremely dumb. So I guess you thinking I'm consistently the worst poster here is a badge of honor. 😂

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's very obvious to anyone that understands football but don't tell the Copium Few.

Okay captain hindsight football genius. Tell us what should have been done with that LB showing blitz?

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Stop embarrassing yourself. You've already stated that you think a QB's job ends with the pre-snap read. Literally one of the dumbest football takes to ever be voiced.

That’s not what that my post meant but you can spin poo however you want I’m done with you.

how tf are you a mod.

3 minutes ago, jfo89 said:

That’s not what that my post meant but you can spin poo however you want I’m done with you.

how tf are you a mod.

What is the QB's job after the snap? You said he's supposed to read the defense not predict the future. Literally I've of the dumbest things I've ever seen a football fan say. It's almost as if you have no idea that NFL defenses routinely disguise their intentions pre-snap. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What is the QB's job after the snap? You said he's supposed to read the defense not predict the future. Literally I've of the dumbest things I've ever seen a football fan say. It's almost as if you have no idea that NFL defenses routinely disguise their intentions pre-snap. 

You’re right I’ve never watched or played. You win.

4 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The same reason you and the usual suspects poo anything i say when you dont agree with it. Thats whats its for.... QUIT CRYING. Complaining about it is the real bitch move.  Don't dish it if you can't take it. 

I don't generally dish out poo unless I think someone is simply trolling. The only reason I didn't poo yours is because I want you to know that at the end of the day, none of this really matters. But I still think what you did is a bitch move plain and simple.